Very quick TV answer please

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local shop has a new Samsung 75KS8000 75" tv for sale for £1790.

Is this a good deal? I don't think the tv forum would give a fast enough answer as I'm intending to buy on the way home from work in an hour or so.

Cheers

Yes.

Very good deal. Will be replaced with a newer model next year but for 75" that is a good bargain (assuming it's a brand new TV).

I have the 55" KS8000.

Thanks yes it's brand new with 5yr warranty.

Yes most probably will. Haha

That does seem a keen price - I wonder how far off reasonably priced 100"+ screens are. Maybe my next display won't be a projector after all :)

Will be replaced with a newer model next year
Wasnt the KS the 2016 model rather than 2017? I certainly see the big electrical stores are selling the MU and only have KS in their clearance section, if at all.

Its certainly a good price for a brand new 75" TV with warranty but its an upper end model from last year rather than this. Even the budget Samsung 75" (as far as these can be called budget) from this years models are notably more expensive. I've not kept up with TVs since buying my 2016 model but havent heard of any major revolutionary changes having come through

*** To be clear, I have no actual idea about tv prices - just analysing it on the face of it and looking the model up at rgbdirect *** :)

Wasnt the KS the 2016 model rather than 2017? I certainly see the big electrical stores are selling the MU and only have KS in their clearance section, if at all.

Its certainly a good price for a brand new 75" TV with warranty but its an upper end model from last year rather than this. Even the budget Samsung 75" (as far as these can be called budget) from this years models are notably more expensive. I've not kept up with TVs since buying my 2016 model but havent heard of any major revolutionary changes having come through
Bear in mind I'm upgrading from a 7 year old 42" LCD

If I remember rightly from my recent time in the TV Forum, even though it's last year's model, it still gives a better picture quality than this year's model.

No dolby vision of course, but I think it is getting a hlg update if it doesn't already have it. Don't quote me on the above though :)

Bear in mind I'm upgrading from a 7 year old 42" LCD
No matter what you are upgrading from, its still not this years model. As I said, its a good price for that size of tv almost irrespective of which years model it is however the quoted poster was inaccurate saying it'll be replaced next year, it was replaced this year

This was the post from @Dodgexander in my post
Edit the below makes more sense with this bit :blush:

If you are going to watch a lot HDR content obviously you will get the best experience with the Sony XE94 and mediocre performance with the XE90 and poor performance with the EX750. For SDR there's going to be very little difference between all 3 to warrant the extra cash..although pricing at this size can sometimes mean relatively to the prices it may be worth the extra if it's a small amount.

75 is a hard market to buy in because prices seem often to be hit or miss. Don't be afraid to look at least years models too, you may find better bang for buck then. There's the Sony XD94 which is still a fantastic TV if you can find it at a good price and the Samsung KS8000 would rank between the EX750 and XE90 in bang for buck. If you aren't going to use much HDR then the Hisense M7900 is fantastic value if you can still find one. In fact I would wait for Hisense to release this year's model too.

Presume the price is for a brand new, sealed box one, rather than an ex-display? If so, and it fits your budget at this moment in time, then sounds a good deal to me!

Yes you could arguably keep waiting for a few months to see if current/better models start to drop but given the constantly evolving market that TV's inhabit you would never actually pull the trigger and buy one!

Buy it, set it up at home, and enjoy watching it this weekend! My next TV, whenever that time comes, will definitely be 65"+!

Si

Last edited:
There are a fair few below that, Currys who dont tend to be the cheapest company have 4 sets under £3k
I am surprised, still personal I would rather have a mid to high end telly from last year over a new budget one from this year

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom