1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very problems with play.com

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by pete18, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi
    has anybody had problems lately with play.com
    i ordered resident evil on region 1 over 2 weeks ago and it has not arrived. i have order loads of DVD's from them before and i have not had any probles until now!
    please e-mail me if you have had the same problems do they send out replacements and how long does it take to track my original order. please help
    WHAT DO I DO i have e-mailed them so do i just wait until they contacted me
    from pete
    philipherring@aol.com

2. iankerry

iankerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been ordering from play.com for ages and only very occassionaly do i have a problem.

They are good (in my experience) at replying to emails. They also have a good tracking system so you can go to the site, go to your account and it will tell you if the DVD has been posted or if there is a problem.

So all you can do is wait til they respond

or cancel your order and go elsewhere if you think it will be quicker.

Regards
    Ian

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They usually reply to emails within 24 hours in my experience. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone to them either ;)

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Most of the problems tend to be down to the post, not really the fault of Play.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There do seem to be a lot of members posting about lost post from Play at the moment though. Very unusual.

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Lots of thieving posties maybe?:eek:

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe. Or, more likely, Play have got some dodgy new employees working in their despatch department (allegedly ;))

Admittedly, most of the reported "lost DVDs" appear to be LOTR.

8. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi thanks everyone for the posts back
    the funny thing is i ordered lord of the rings on the same day as ordering resident evil the one that has not arrived and that came 3 days later on the saturday from ordering it on the wednesday.

the only wierd thing is on my account resident evil was saying 'processing' for 2 days until friday, but when it came up as saying posted it had wednesdays date. why would it say processing up to friday, if they have already posted it on the wednesday????
    Has anyone else had this. I changed my delivery address a day before ordering the two dvd's from my work address to my home address because being ill off work, but it shouldn't make any difference seeing i got Lord Of The Rings delivered to my home address ok. i know it hasn't been delivered to my work address because the business is owned by my family.

thanks from pete

9. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about that. I get that a lot. Often, I have the DVD in my hands and it still says "processing" for a day or two after. It's just a case of their systems catching up with reality.

Anyway - it looks different now so next time you check you'll get a nice surprise :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43568

10. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi Squirrel God
    yes i have been into play.com account secetion and it looks a whole lot better it also get the thumbs up from me as well.

If they can't find my dvd will they send a replacement

is vanilla sky and time machine any good i don't want to order any more until resident evil is sorted out, but i may wait for time machine r2 to come out looks like it has loads more special features than r1

black hawk down is also getting 2 disc release on region 2 and on region 1 it only has 1 disc and a trailer with a feature of the film. I thought region 1 was better than 2. But I mostly care whether the film has been cut or not.
    cheers
    pete

11. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They will send you a replacement or refund your money. In the very very very unlikely event that they don't, you can contact your credit card company (assuming you paid by credit card).

Vanilla Sky is excellent. I haven't seen Time Machine or Black Hawk Down.

If you want to compare regions, use www.dvdcompare.org.uk (tells you about cuts as well)

12. Glasswalker

Glasswalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Order it from www.cd-wow.com it's £2 cheaper.

13. qwibbles

qwibbles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree, delivery of items has become intolerable recently.

I ordered 3 PC Games for my family, my father and brother also ordered 1 each, and 2 people at work ordered one each (All Games were the same game). All are showing 'POSTED' and NONE have been received after 20 working days. I have asked the uk postal service to investigate the issue and reported the issue to play, who stated I need to wait the '21 days'.

If Play.com are found to have not to have shipped the items then legal action will taken under the distant seller regulations. You have been warmed Play.com stay away.

I am hoping it's just the postal service in the UK ... which should not be used unless you want to guarantee it does not get to it's final destination!

They really need to offer a recorded delivery or courier signed for service!

14. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    qwibbles

The same post as the other Play.com thread? In fact your only two posts. I again say I've only had one problem with them in many years of ordering from them. They corrected their error very quickly.

Bri

15. Perceval

Perceval
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    I have to say that I have been using Play for several years, and never had an issue up until recently, where I have had to claim for 5 non delivered items over the last few months.

They have been good in replacing or refunding, but waiting 21 days to report is a complete pain, particularly when you've pre-ordered a game or film. I honestly thought I had a thieving postie and actually considered making a complaint to royal mail.

Not a bash at Play as I still use them (order 5/6 items a month), but it still seems a little strange that this is happening to a number of people.

16. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Check the other thread that was closed down today.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86665

These were both very old threads that have been brought back by new members who have joined the forums very recently. They are the ones complaining about Play and they have not posted about anything else. It would seem that a person has a vendetta against Play and joined the furums under at least two names to have a go at Play. This why the other thread was closed down.

I'd ignore anything from any further "new" members.

Cheers
    Bri

17. Perceval

Perceval
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Ah, I see, competitive skullduggery possibly?

Point taken.

(Although I did seek this section out actively due to another no show to see if there were problems.)

18. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Oh I'm sure they foul up every now and again. They once sent me two of the same DVD instead of the two I ordered. On the other hand I found them very good when I had a problem with a TV boxset. When I got to the last disc in the set I found it was a duplication of the previous disc, even though it was labeled as the last disc. I discovered the problem about three months after I bought the set. Dispite having a policy that you should report any problems within a month they sent me out a new set straight away. No arguements and I didn't have to return the original.

All the best
    Bri

19. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    We already have a thread on play so no reason at all to dig up a 6 year old thread. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.