Very poor standard of repair - Richer Sounds/A1 TV Services (Dalkeith)

Stephen Akers

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently started having issues with a Samsung 55" JS8500 8 Series Curved SUHD 4K Nano Crystal Smart 3D TV, there was light bleeding in from the edges of the set. Which I purchased online from Richer Sounds in August 2015. I reported the issue to RS customer services department, and they then organised a "repair".

The firm A1 TV services were tasked with uplifting the set, repairing, then dropping off the set.

Firstly, when they uplifted the TV, the staff were very rude, and complained about the fact that the TV was still wall mounted, and it wasn't their job to unmount the TV (which I may add wasn't made clear to me on the phone to the firms manager, he only asked if it was wall mounted).

Secondly, when the TV was returned, again the staff complained about having to then mount the TV again.

Thirdly, now that I have been able to have a proper look at the TV, the standard of the repair has been extremely poor (see links to pictures attached). There is more damage to the corners of the TV which I haven't got pictures of, but it appears the staff at A1 didn't have a clue how to replace the screen

WP 20170714 18 18 24 Pro
WP 20170714 18 18 33 Pro 2
20170716 142529
20170716 142606

Now, to say I am extremely disappointed is an understatement, I paid the princely sum of £2199 for the TV at the time of purchase, and the fact that it was in perfect condition( apart from the light bleeding in from the sides of the screen) when it was uplifted, and it to come back like this, has made me think very carefully about purchasing from RS again.

I have contacted Customer Services this morning, and they have promised to look at these pictures, and then get back to me by COB today.

Poor show Richer Sounds, very poor show.

I recently started having issues with a Samsung 55" JS8500 8 Series Curved SUHD 4K Nano Crystal Smart 3D TV, there was light bleeding in from the edges of the set. Which I purchased online from Richer Sounds in August 2015. I reported the issue to RS customer services department, and they then organised a "repair".

The firm A1 TV services were tasked with uplifting the set, repairing, then dropping off the set.

Firstly, when they uplifted the TV, the staff were very rude, and complained about the fact that the TV was still wall mounted, and it wasn't their job to unmount the TV (which I may add wasn't made clear to me on the phone to the firms manager, he only asked if it was wall mounted).

Secondly, when the TV was returned, again the staff complained about having to then mount the TV again.

Thirdly, now that I have been able to have a proper look at the TV, the standard of the repair has been extremely poor (see links to pictures attached). There is more damage to the corners of the TV which I haven't got pictures of, but it appears the staff at A1 didn't have a clue how to replace the screen

WP 20170714 18 18 24 Pro
20170716 142529
20170716 142606

Now, to say I am extremely disappointed is an understatement, I paid the princely sum of £2199 for the TV at the time of purchase, and the fact that it was in perfect condition( apart from the light bleeding in from the sides of the screen) when it was uplifted, and it to come back like this, has made me think very carefully about purchasing from RS again.

I have contacted Customer Services this morning, and they have promised to look at these pictures, and then get back to me by COB today.

That is pretty bad, did you take some photos before the repair?, if you have photos dated before and then after it will help. Im sure RS will sort it out though.

That is pretty bad, did you take some photos before the repair?, if you have photos dated before and then after it will help. Im sure RS will sort it out though.

I do hope so, as apart from the light bleeding issue, the TV has been excellent. I hope Richer Sounds can sort this out for me, as it's the main TV for the home. I've PM'd the Richer Sounds account on here, but haven't heard anything back.

That is awful
I wouldn't have even allowed them to leave that behind.
Do not accept anything other than a complete resolution.

That is awful
I wouldn't have even allowed them to leave that behind.
Do not accept anything other than a complete resolution.

I would have done so, but my wife was the only one at home, along with our 8 month old twins. She's not very Tech savvy, and wouldn't have known what to look for. I hope to have resolved soon.

I would have done so, but my wife was the only one at home, along with our 8 month old twins. She's not very Tech savvy, and wouldn't have known what to look for. I hope to have resolved soon.
Good luck with that

WP 20170714 18 18 24 Pro
20170716 142529
20170716 142606

Hi there,

I was obviously sorry to read of the problems you've had following the recent repair of your television and offer my sincere apologies.

Customer Service is our top priority so it's obviously concerning for me to read your comments.

I have replied to your PM to resolve the matter.

Many Thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Hi there,

I was obviously sorry to read of the problems you've had following the recent repair of your television and offer my sincere apologies.

Customer Service is our top priority so it's obviously concerning for me to read your comments.

I have replied to your PM to resolve the matter.

Many Thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Hi John,

Thanks for your prompt reply on both this thread, and to my PM.

Kind Regards
Stephen

I'd be very surprised if Richer Sounds didn't respond very swiftly to this. In all my years of dealing with them I've never had an issue with kit that they haven't rectified to my complete satisfaction.

Give it time for your issues to get into their 'system' and I'm sure they'll put it right.

Best of luck and keep us updated

I have had Richer Sounds contact me in regards to this issue now, they have been very apologetic.

They are going to get a different firm in to conduct the repair of the bezel etc...
So hopefully this other firm will rectify everything for me.
As a goodwill gesture, they are also going to send me a Samsung 4K Blu-Ray player free of charge. :clap:

Thanks to Richer Sounds & John for a quick response to my initial issue.

Many Thanks
Stephen

I have had Richer Sounds contact me in regards to this issue now, they have been very apologetic.

They are going to get a different firm in to conduct the repair of the bezel etc...
So hopefully this other firm will rectify everything for me.
As a goodwill gesture, they are also going to send me a Samsung 4K Blu-Ray player free of charge. :clap:

Thanks to Richer Sounds & John for a quick response to my initial issue.

Many Thanks
Stephen

Always worth going with a trusted company, well done RS. I would always use them, never let me down either. Not many have good customer service so with sticking with the companies that do.

Update, TV has now been uplifted, but the stand has been broken before the item was put on the van. This was down to the initial poor repair from A1 as there were a load of screws missing from the stand when we got it back. So we now have further damage to the set, and something else for the new TV repair firm to add to the list of repairs.

They have said they are going to try and source the parts required, but they have said if they can't find them, it goes back to Domestic & General as a write off.

I'm now going to be without a TV now for a further 5 "Business" days, and even then, there is no guarantee that we get the original set back, it's becoming very inconvenient to say the least.

Since the initial report back on the 29th June, this has been dragging on now for nearly a full month now, I am becoming very fed up of the whole thing to be honest.

I have the feeling if I had been able to go to Samsung directly, I would have had this resolved to my satisfaction sooner.

Goodwill gestures are all well and good, I just want a competent service and a firm which can conduct a TV repair without too much fuss, which I'm afraid has been sadly lacking.

I'm now of the opinion that I may not even get the current TV anywhere near the condition it was in before I gave it to Richer Sounds to take care of the repair. I'm very frustrated with the whole experience.

I've been in conversation with John & Tom @ Richer Sounds again today, because at the moment I am still without a television.

The latest I have is that they are still waiting on a replacement part for my set, and it may take a few days to arrive, I was unable to get a firm date for the repair to be completed and the set returned to me.

I've have been looking at various sources in regards to the two firms employed so far to carry out the repair, and both have very mixed reviews. As you have seen in the thread previously, the first firm A1 made a mess of the first repair, I am hoping the next firm can make a better fist of it, although I am not too hopeful.

I have asked for a refund/replacement, but have been told that this was not possible at this point, and that "should the set be returned to you in a poor condition or the same fault present itself within the guarantee period then we will arrange an exchange".

My argument is that I would have expected to be offered this after the first poor attempt at repair.

Anyone else had the same frustrations with the Richer Sounds in regards to repair, and did they get a satisfactory conclusion?

Aargh.

Latest from RS now is that the parts for repair are now not due until approx. 31st July, which will take the time the TV has been out of commission to over a month since the initial contact. The catalogue of errors, and the lack of updates ( I have had to chase RS on this to get any information). I'm at the end of my tether with the whole sorry episode.

I have added a link to damage on the screen section caused by the original firm tasked with this, and it is present on all four corners of the screen section, and have asked RS if this is included in the parts being ordered for the current repair, and the customer services manager has informed me that they are not, so it does look like I will be getting the TV back STILL with some of the damage caused by the original firm.

Screen Damage

I have been "promised" by RS that they will look at the TV once all the parts they have ordered have been fitted, to make sure I would be happy with the standard of repair, but if they are not ordering the parts to repair the scratches on the screen, it's very likely I will refuse delivery.

Need some opinions on my next steps, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Stephen

Very frustrating but I would wait and see what the repair is like first and then you will be able to say it's not correct. I think that's the best way to deal with it then you can say look this is wrong or this is wrong etc. You never know it might come back all fine.

Final update: I now have a satisfactory resolution to this. After many emails and PM' s to Richer Sounds, they have reluctantly decided to agree to replace the TV with an equivalent model. I am being sent it next week. I would like to thank John and Tom from Richer Sounds for finally agreeing to do this.

Great news :smashin:

TBF every time a horrific RS case is brought to notice here, the eventual resolution always appears to be very good, very satisfactory.

So well done to Richer Sounds :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom