1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very old Sony 8MM Camcorder - take to tip or worth anything

Discussion in 'Camcorders & Video Editing' started by MSW, Nov 29, 2009.

1. MSW

MSW Member

Ratings:
    +187
    I have a Black, quite big (by todays standards) Sony CCD-TR370E 12X Handy Cam.

Two questions please,

Does anyone know how to transfer video from it onto a Computer which only has the following ports Firewire 400 or Firewire 800 or USB.

Also, once I have transferred the video does anyone know if there is a market for these or, should I just take it to the local tip

Many thanks
    Mark

2. MarkE19

MarkE19 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Basically you need a device to convert the analogue video to digital to get it onto the PC. There are the cheap & chearful (sometimes) USB device such as the Dazzle DVD Recorder or the much better quality devices such as Canopus ADVC55
    There is likely to be a few people with old tapes and a broken camcorder so you should be able to sell it, but don't expect to get much for it, I would gues <£50 but you can always try your luck on eBay.

Mark.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MSW

MSW Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Thank you much appreciated