1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very noobie help!!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by geordiedoors, Apr 13, 2004.

1. geordiedoors

geordiedoors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello peeps i just ben gettin into watching my films with good sound or so i thought then i found out about av seperates so i thought after sellin my car i would get myself some stuff so to speak was looking in the forums for a how to do section lol but was lost anyhoo
    i am needin help i bought the following
    toshiba 32zp38 tv
    pioneer vsx912
    marantz dv4300
    mission m7s
    and i also have an arcam cd72
    i have not got a scooby doo what kind of cables i will need to get the best from the stuff i bought an which way to set it up any help be appreciated

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    A decent scart lead from the DVD player to AV1 socket on the TV to carry the pictures and a digital co-axial cable from the dvd player to the Pioneer amp to carry the sound.

A pair of phono leads from the CD player to the Pioneer.

A pair of phono leads from the audio output sockets on the TV to the Pioneer so that you can listen to TV through your system.

Whataver speaker cable you can afford for the speakers.

3. geordiedoors

geordiedoors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info will i also need a phono leads for my sky box and a scart obv?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    You will obviously need a scart to the TV from the Digibox but the sound will be carried back to the Pioneer through the existing audio leads from the TV to the amp

5. geordiedoors

geordiedoors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and an other thing if the tv and dvd both have component connections and both have prog scan would it not be better to connect the two up there

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Possibly but not necessarily. The best thing would be to test it with a decent scart and component leads to see which is best but it isn't always practical to do this unless you have them already lying around or can borrow them.

7. geordiedoors

geordiedoors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well im glad for any help still to go buy the leads going to spemd 200 quid max so just wanted to know which were the best so as not to have to go buy other leads at a later date thanks for the speedy response

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The best combination of quality and value in component leads are those made by Mark Grant that are sold through the Powerbuy forum here.

For a quality scart at a special price for forum members have a look at the Thor scart here