Very nice engineer from sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by minesapintorthree, Jan 5, 2007.

1. minesapintorthree

minesapintorthree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to let everyone know how helpful the sky engineer was for me. He installed my dish and box last Saturday. No waiting, he rang me at 8am and turned up shortly after. I expalined that i wanted sky in a few more rooms and the problems i thought i could see the install would have. Well he came back this morning on his day off and spent the morning helping me. It took about three hours and all for a very small sum.
    I know people have had problems with sky engineers or contractors from the threads that i have read. So dont be put off as there are some good eggs with the bad but i dont think you hear about them.
    I live in the Fife area so good luck. Dont ask me his name as i dont want to drop him in it incase he is not meant to do homers.
    FranticFrank keep up the good work, i only asked for his help after reading your threads.:thumbsup:

2. Mac Sami

Mac Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Sounds like a great service.

My Sky engineers were really helpful when installing. They called when promised, turned up a little later than promised but no problem, talked me through where everything would be placed, did the job, tested it all, and have had no problems with their installation.

Unfortunutely there are "bad eggs", but just a thumbs up from me to say there are good ones too!

3. nry

nry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Best not tell Sky he did that though, I am assuming cash in hand for the work ;)

4. minesapintorthree

minesapintorthree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, cash in hand. Although i think the work was a bit more than sky could have provided as a service.

5. FRANTIC FRANC

FRANTIC FRANC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    If doesn't really matter as he did it on his day off - unless he used Sky's cable -lol (did he have a Sky van?:D ).

It's really isn't amazing to expect the lads to do extra work as long as it is worth their while, it just seems that some people expect everything for free. Most Sky lads are really badly paid (despite what people think) so sometimes the offer of extras can amount to more money than the initial job pays!

Cheers, Franc