very new

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by othello, Oct 9, 2001.

1. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please could some one advise me .I have a panasonic rv60 multiregion dvd player.I would like a widescreen tv.I have been looking at the panasonic pb50 28".Would this be a good buy for my dvd player.Is the sound good from that tv or would i be needing a amp as well.Have looked at the kenwood 5050 amp .Seems to have everything on it?What i dont want to do is buy an expensive tele cos thats what the pb50 is 839 from empire is by far the cheapest.My local pana dealer is 1100 and they wont move from that price.Only give 10 months intrest free thats all.Or should i buy a cheaper panasonic like the pL10 28" then add amp and speakers at a latter date?Or for people who have a pb50 can i plug the dvd in through scart and coax or optical and that would give me my dts and dd sound?cheers if you can help. :rolleyes:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,959
    As a rule, when choosing a TV, you should go for the best picture, and not worry too much about audio features. You will always get better results from a dedicated Home Cinema amplifier or receiver and "proper" speakers, than you will get from a TV with advanced audio features built in.

3. aaronlittle

aaronlittle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WOOTY, find the best price on the internet and go to John Lewis. they will match it.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trouble is no-one seems to do a 36" with "top banana" picture and basic NICAM sound. From what I've seen as soon as the sound side gets stripped down so does the visual. ie Does anyone know of a NICAM Tv with PIP/POP for example. (Not that they are crucial)

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Three weeks ago, Sound & Vision, Farnworth, Bolton were offering 36" Toshiba for around £1600, with basic stereo. Might be worth giving them a call.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I think the Sony TV is only stereo, or at worst DPL with no extra supplied speakers.

Switch to stereo and you're ok

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I stange in thinking most people with a preference for a large TV will eventually go to seperates for sound to get the most of of available media?

8. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you are not strange at all, well, no stranger than me! The bigger the picture the bigger you will want your sound to be and separates are the only way to go. No tv has a built in system that comes close, it isn't possible, although there are tv's that do have good sysems when compared with others.

9. rich1950

rich1950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woot
    I have had the 28pb50 for nearly 3weeks now connected by scart and phono (coaxial)for dts and to me it sounds pretty good (you can tell the diff between dts and dd ).Its the first pan tv i have had (i,m a philips fan )the picture and sound are very good in my opinion and i cannot hear the hum several people have brought up ,for a small flat like mine its ideal ,i paid £1049 with a 5yr gtee included

10. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well m8 i got me pb50 28" installed yesterday.with ixos coax connection for the dts and dd.WOW what can i say.the begging of gladiator was amazing.the picture didseem better ,but the sound was amazing.the dts was certainly gob smacking,and all that noise in a room 2mtrs x4mtrs.now i cant move in me bedroom :) i must admit though i do hear a very slight hum,but only when it`s quiet ie news reading .but i`ll live with it aint nobody takeing my tv away from me .. cheers all.. :D