Very Loud Sound Hissing..Unbearable

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Evokazz, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Evokazz

Evokazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Hiya guys, I previously used onboard HD audio on my Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard, and Creative Megaworks THX speakers, I had this setup for about 8 years until the speakers died on me.

I bought an Asus Xonar DX sound card, and some Corsair SP2500 speakers, been using them for about 3 months. About 3 weeks after installing everything, my misses was watching a Youtube video, and the speakers let out a massively loud hissing static noise, it was so loud it made her jump, I was convinced the noise would blow the speakers, in panic she turned off the speaker. I turned it back on and everything was fine again.

This happened again about 6 weeks later, when watching a video on facebook, it proper made me jump, once again, a turn off of the speaker and turn on fixed it.

Today it's happened again, no videos were playing I was just looking on Google, the noise kicked in on just the search results, no audio or video playing at all. Frightened the life out of me. What;s causing this? The only way to describe the noise is its a similar noise to an anologue TV, remember when you had to tune in the Telly? and you had those black and white dots until you found a picture, and the hissing noise it gave off? Its like like, but max volume!

Someone suggested an issue with Flash, so I updated it, no change, after the first time I changed my sound drivers, same results, and I have also checked all cables etc.

2. sparky10

sparky10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi, could be one of several issues here. Is it possible to try the onboard audio with these speakers and see if the problem reoccurs, if that appears to be okay then the sound card is suspect. Another thing to try is to connect the speakers up to a different source (another computer or tv) and see if the problem happens here. A thought, did you disable the onboard audio when you connected the sound card, if not that may cause a problem. Failing all of these I would suggest that the Corsair system is faulty and should be returned under the warranty. For the record I have the same Corsair speakers and mine are about 3 months old, not a problem yet!