Very impressed!

geomuss

Prominent Member
Reaction score
being a bit of a power hungry downloader, i decided it was time to leave BT and venture forth. (by the way had BT for 8 years and they have been excellent in all respects, so no fault of theirs).

got my MAC code, no problems again.

now sign up for BE, well i thought it would be a long drawn out process, but nope 2 pages later its ordered.

ok now to wait for 2-3 weeks, nope not that either line gets activated on the 5TH.

I have got to say that i have never been so pleseantly surprised as i was today, by the efficency of both companies :smashin:

roll on 24 meg yee ha!!!!!

Be interesting if you actually hit anything near 24meg?

well by my guessing and by calculations that i have done

i should be looking at getting 22mb throughput yeee haaa

as a bonus i live 95meters or so from the exchange!

:arty:

Oh well 95 metres you really are on the Broadband revolution then, Im a couple of k like most of the country suffering with the countrywide average of 2meg!

And I believe they still have the refer a friend scheme going where if a friend signs up to the same package as you, both of you get a free month's access. visit the BE forums for more details.

can i do that now even though i have already signed up?

well an update.....

everything went according to plan
and now online with BE.

bit dissapointed i never got the full 24 meg!!!

only got 2145! ye haa

sorry only got 21meg

that was after a little tinkering to the modem using DMT.

still more then happy as its faster and cheaper than BT.

downloaded a large file yesterday with a speed of 1.9mbs using a news server :eek:

geomuss, have you contacted Be and asked them to change your line from interleaved to fastpath? I have, and now have the full 24mb down and 1.4mb up connection!

I'm way out in the countryside and stuck on BT 2meg Broadband. Even though i'm only 800 meters away from my exchange, i won't get more than 2 meg apparently

I'm way out in the countryside and stuck on BT 2meg Broadband. Even though i'm only 800 meters away from my exchange, i won't get more than 2 meg apparently

wow. Your sure about that? (check http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php) Cos thats pretty unlucky (IIRC, nearly all of ASDL enabled exchanges have been converted to maxDSL (only something like 200 adsl enabled exchanges haven't been enabled for maxDSL))

well an update.....

everything went according to plan
and now online with BE.

bit dissapointed i never got the full 24 meg!!!

only got 2145! ye haa

That's good to hear mate. I'm due to migrate on Wednesday, from my heavily throttled Virgin connection. I'm 2.5km from the exchange, but I'm looking to get more than the 3 meg i get now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom