1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very important question to the community!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by az0000000, Nov 12, 2004.

1. az0000000

az0000000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello community.
    I know my question could seem impudent but I will have to ask.
    What is better of these programs? I mean could you set these in programs in order of popularity, usability and quality?
    Thanks to those that didn’t laugh on me…

1. AVID DV
    2. Premiere PRO
    3. Adobe Premiere
    4. Ulead Media Studio Pro
    5. Pinnacle Liquid
    6. Vegas
    7. EDIUS

2. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use Premiere pro and I really like it, although my friend swears by Final Cut Pro on the mac.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    The problem with your question is that you are asking for an answer to a question on lots of different products and I would have thought that most if not all would have used only one or two of them. Also preference is just that, a personal choice along with the fact that the different programs will have different strengths and weaknesses.

I use Adobe Premiere 6 but this will only work with dedicated capture hardware and is a difficault program to learn. But on the other hand it is very powerful and has loads of features built in, or you can just add a plugin to get it to do what you require.

If you are trying to decide which of them to use then a list of current hardware, what you are trying to acheive and a budget along with any experience you have with NLE would help us to offer you more advise.

Mark.

4. az0000000

az0000000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am asking this question because my heart is braking when I think that I made my choice too fast.
    First I was up to decide what video editing program is the best and asking around in forums I came to conclusion that Vegas is almost the best. Than, after getting it and spending 1 day for deeply learning it I found in Internet other opinions about what program is the best. Now the reason of my post is to understand should I stick to Vegas or should I try other program.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Well I've never used Vegas, but I know some people on here that have and they say that it is an excellent editing package and far easier to learn than Adobe Premiere.
    You can't really say that one is better than the other , as I said above its doen to personal taste and what you need to be able to do. Ask 10 people what is best and the chances are you will get 10 different answers, all with very good reasons for their own choices.

Don't worry though, Vegas is a very good editing package and I'm sure it can do all you need it to.

Mark.

6. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I use Vegas it is a fantastic editing package. Anytime you change editing software at this sort of level it can seem very daunting with the huge amount of options available to you (particularly if you have come from a more basic package)

If you are struggling with anything then get over to their user forums. There is regular input from software developers & a large helpful community.
    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/default.asp?ms=1&ccid=34237700.45961730.9728139

Another great source of tutorials etc for Vegas is www.sundancemediagroup.com

As for which is the best program , most people will say what they use , AVID is a bit of an industry standard (but can prove V expensive), Adobe Premiere has massive 3rd party filter support & a huge user base. I personally went with Vegas & don't regret it. The good thing about Vegas is that it isn't very hardware dependant. It will work on very modest machines (all be it slower than a powerhouse machine).