Very hard deciding!

smorgan99

Ok, I thought I had it nailed. I was all up for getting the Toshiba 32C3030DB
Read some great reviews but am now a bit uncertain due to it being a so called "budget" model.
So, then I started thinking about getting the WLT68. A proven model, plus the 100MHz make it impressive. However, been put off a bit by certain people stating that there are problems with "buzzing" from the backlight and also a very poor remote control!
So, then I go back to the C3030!
Now I've noticed the Panny TX32LXD70! Looks good but not done a lot of research. Hence this post!
So, if it was your money - which one would you get?
PS I'm wanting to buy in the next week or so!
Thanks

nil102

I bought the 32c3030db as it was the newer model and like you say has a much better remote.Excellent review in What hifi 5* and excellent picture through sky and my PS3 and Blu-Ray look amazing through HDMI..Very pleased with it.Took me ages to decide but I am very happy with my choice

Oakwood

Hi!! I personally have the new Panny LXD70(which I think is brill), but the WLT68 is a cracking set. Have read some good reviews on the new Tosh. Don"t get into a complex on any of these models....they"re all good... check em all out in a local shop and go for the one you like the look of. Not many faults that I"ve come across the Panny...would have been nice to have had an adjustable backlight, but I"m delighted with it. You won"t go wrong with the other two, especially the WLT68.

smorgan99

Cheers for responding so quick!
Yeah, I suppose I could spend forever deciding and then get put off by reading something negative - then back to square one!
Is the 100MHz issue a big deal?
I'd be using the TV for SD until I get a HD feed (quite some time yet) and I do like watching footy (when its on!)
Would getting the C3030 detract from the footy? Should I spend more for the 100MHz?\

nil102

Cheers for responding so quick!
Yeah, I suppose I could spend forever deciding and then get put off by reading something negative - then back to square one!
Is the 100MHz issue a big deal?
I'd be using the TV for SD until I get a HD feed (quite some time yet) and I do like watching footy (when its on!)
Would getting the C3030 detract from the footy? Should I spend more for the 100MHz?\

Just watched the Chelsea/Blackburn game and it looked fine,none of the motion blurring I have seen on some LCDs

nil102

Hmm could be 32C3030DB in my living room v soon then by the sounds of it!
Thanks again

Shop around though which ever one you buy the biggest difference can often be the price from different suppliers
For instance the 3030, COMET £557 online/£699 instore,Currys £539 online/£699 instore and Digital Direct Online £514.96+£20 del

S

spinalpap

Shop around though which ever one you buy the biggest difference can often be the price from different suppliers
For instance the 3030, COMET £557 online/£699 instore,Currys £539 online/£699 instore and Digital Direct Online £514.96+£20 del

Hi. Quick question, have lloked at his model and was wandering how you found those cheap online prices...cheers me dear:thumbsup:

Loobster

Well - 100MHz certainly would be impressive! :D But the 100Hz on the WLT68 certainly makes for excellent motion reproduction, I watch loads of footy with zero blurring.

If you can stretch to it I'd get the WLT68. Shame about the remote, yes, but you can pick up an excellent One4All remote for £25 and remote 5 devices with it, including the telly.

Shwing

Ok, I thought I had it nailed. I was all up for getting the Toshiba 32C3030DB
Read some great reviews but am now a bit uncertain due to it being a so called "budget" model.
So, then I started thinking about getting the WLT68. A proven model, plus the 100MHz make it impressive. However, been put off a bit by certain people stating that there are problems with "buzzing" from the backlight and also a very poor remote control!
So, then I go back to the C3030!
Now I've noticed the Panny TX32LXD70! Looks good but not done a lot of research. Hence this post!
So, if it was your money - which one would you get?
PS I'm wanting to buy in the next week or so!
Thanks

Well, it was my money, and I spent it on a Toshiba 37C3030D.
I got it on Saturday, and have been very impressed with it!

In relation to footy, I watched MOTD over the weekend, and was very happy with the results.

For my initial thoughts on this set, head over to the C3030D series thread.

Ta!

nil102

Hi. Quick question, have lloked at his model and was wandering how you found those cheap online prices...cheers me dear:thumbsup:

Just go to their respective websites,Comet will allow you to reserve for store collection at online prices,Currys I think do a free standard delivery.I got mine from Digital Direct their service was very quick and professional

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom