Very cheap TV - but is it any good?

T

Tara100

Hi

I'm not very savvy with TV specs, and wondered if some kind folks could take a look at this model, and pass on opinions please (Foehn & Hirsch are ebuyers own brand, but that's all I know)

http://www.ebuyer.com/268847-f-h-37-...80p-fh-37lmjuh

F&H FH-37LMHJuh 37" LCD TV Black Full HD 1080p TV Freeview

F&H TV's have a Free Three Years Warranty for your peace of mind (includes 1 year Manufacturers Warranty)
Sleek lines & superior picture quality, the perfect choice.
The F&H 37" FULL HD LCD TV delivers the highest definition quality of picture and sound.

All the F&H TVs come with Freeview built in which means the are ready out of the box for the Digital switch over and are all wall mountable, making them the perfect choice for all your needs.

Freeview
All F&H TVs have Freeview as standard which means the are ready out of the Box for the Digital Switch over and are all wall mountable, making them the perfect choice for all your needs.
Multiple Connections
The F&H 37" LCD has a wealth of connections that makes it easy to connect any device.
Invisible Speaker System
F&H has developed invisible speakers that are embedded into the LCD for enhanced audio and a wider sound field.
USB Media Player/Record/Playback
It features a built-in PVR and USB Input, allowing you to Pause, Rewind and Record live TV and even playback your favourite movies, TV shows, and photos.

Specification

Model No.: FH-37LMJuh
Screen Size : 37" 16:9
Max resolution 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz
Horizontal Frequency 30 - 83 kHz
Vertical Frequency 56 - 75 Hz
Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Contrast Ratio : 1000:1
Brightness : 450 cd/m2
Viewing Angle( L/R/U/D ) : 88/88/ 88/ 88
Response Time : 8ms

Broadcast

Tuning System : FREEVIEW DVB-T/PAL
Antenna Impedance : VHF/CATV/UHF 75Ω unbalanced
Number of Channels : 100(Analog), 400(Digital)

Sound

AVC - ;Automatic Volume Control
Bass/Treble/Balance
Speakers 2
Audio power 2x8W
Nicam Stereo

Connections

SPDIF out
HDMI x3
VGA/RGB In
VGA Audio In
Component Audio In
Component In
Scart
Headphone Out
S-Video
USB x1
ANTENNA IN
Power Cord Socket

Other Features

Last Channel Recall
Adjustmenr of screen PC Setup (VGA Only)
AutomaticTuning
Sleep Timer
OSD Menu Multi-language
Audio Mute
Power Supply AC 220V 50/60Hz 1.0A
Power Consumption ≤250W (Max)
Standby Mode ≤1W
Teletext
EPG - Electronic Program Guide

Cabinet

Front Cabinet : Piano Black

Other

English User Manual
Remote Control

Size & Weight

Dimension(Width x Height x Depth)WITH STAND 920mmx660mmx300mm
Net Weight : 16.5Kg
Dimension(Width x Height x Depth)WITHOUT STAND 920mmx600mmx115mm
Net Weight : 14.5Kg
Wall Mounting VESA 400 x 200

Environmental Conditions

Operating Temperature 10 ~ 35°C
Operating Humidity 20 ~ 80%
Storage Temperature -10 ~ 60°C
Storage Humidity 5 ~ 90%

Warranty

3 Years (Including 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty)

Many thanks

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
F and H is simply a brand name registered by Ebuyer to sell various low end electronics items; you'll also find and F & H satnavs for example.
Similar level to Technika at Tesco.
The tuner is listed as DVB-T which indicates that it won't directly receive Freeview high definition TV channels as that requires DVB-T2.

T

Tara100

Sorry I should have said I have Sky here, so the Freeview is of no interest to me.

I also learned that the brand is Ebuyers own, but on the way, found out that other big branded electronics are often churned out in the same factories as the cheapo stuff - hence I am willing to buy an unknown brand, if the specs are ok. :)

As I haven't bought a TV for many many years, I am out of touch.....

Thanks
Tara

It depends on how good a picture you want

Cheap tvs basically produce lower sound and video quality

Bit like flying on an airliner. The cheap seats at the back get to the destination one fraction of a second later than the first class seats at the front. Job done

But the quality of the experience has been totally different

With a tv much depends on the quality of the hardware and, as important, the software within the set

You want a cheapo to be on in the kitchen while you are doing other things, the cheap one will do fine

But you want to sit down and watch Strictly Come Dancing in good high def, then you need the good brands. And over the average life of a tv these days an extra £50/£100 works out at very little per week extra for a stunning picture

Don't be fooled by the good and the not so good being made in the same factory. Most of the actual tv flat panels are made in a very few factories in the world be they going into top of the range Sony or supermarket budget sets

The quality brands are worth the extra IMHO

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom