Very cheap laptop

I just kept on it and eventually let me through.

Must admit it was a pain.

I must stress if you get through use cheque as your MOP then no 'unexpected' charges can be charged.

Good luck

This can't be legit surely..? I'm sure that if they advetise at that price they have to sell at that price but surely..?

It's obviously a mistake but remember when Kodak did the same thig a few years back and if I remember correctly they did honor the mis-price.........eventually!

Well, good luck... I hope you get it. They're not going to be very happy about it though and somebody's head will roll.

Well a friend managed to order it for me, he's paid by card.

At the end of the day, he's seen it at that price, and acknowledged it. If they want to raise the price then by all means, just have to cancel the order. It's worth a try though :D

it goes to the checkout no problem, the payment T's & C's loosely state that by the time a cheque clears they may not have stock of goods anymore :lesson:

I just tried. They were showing 17 in stock when I put in basket. By the time I registered etc it said there was an error. Check back and they were showing no stock !!! :mad:

T & C also mention that incorrect pricing can be changed (point d)

We'll see.

Bit of fun for the evening.

£400 ish retail so £40 quid for a refurb did seem a bit of a bargain :)

Rob100 said:
I just tried. They were showing 17 in stock when I put in basket. By the time I registered etc it said there was an error. Check back and they were showing no stock !!! :mad:

Same here. Shame - Would have been interesting...

stewbecca said:
It's obviously a mistake but remember when Kodak did the same thig a few years back and if I remember correctly they did honor the mis-price.........eventually!
Yes - but the Kodak fiasco was a price that could at least be considered credible (about £100 and in early January, i.e. January post Christmas sale time). Kodak also initially fought it but gave in just before what would have been the first court case concerning the issue.
A dedicated website with over 100 participating people whose orders had been accepted by the Kodak website resulted in a large campaign for that one with lots of momentum - I was one of the participants. We all contacted our local trading standards as well as the relevant TS offices of both Kodak and their handling agents, various Kodak individuals , used recorded delivery for correspondence and so on.
There was a lot of work and time involved - such that I would have reservations about doing anything similar again in the future.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Intya said:
Well a friend managed to order it for me, he's paid by card.

At the end of the day, he's seen it at that price, and acknowledged it. If they want to raise the price then by all means, just have to cancel the order. It's worth a try though :D

Intya,

Have you had any communication/confirmation regarding the laptop?

Got a quick word in with the guinea pig, got an email back saying the order had been "denied", usual email guff "problem with the goods" etc. I'll see if I can get a copy of the email he was sent.

Still, was good for giggles :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom