Very cheap 32" Widescreen

CooperUK

Just bought the 28" w/s Toshiba for the bedroom.

Many thanks - been looking for a good smaller w/s at a good price for ages!

:smashin:

D

DM1972

You should note that the player in the picture is not the 7" Mustek, it is infact a 10" Samsung model.

Originally posted by CooperUK
Just bought the 28" w/s Toshiba for the bedroom.

Many thanks - been looking for a good smaller w/s at a good price for ages!

:smashin:

Were did you see a 28" Tosh W/S??
If it's the one at 150 squid then don't think it's W/S.... :nono:

Doublespresso

well... it's the only TV that it doesn't specifically say "w/s" so I figured that by default, it would be "normal" given the minimal amount of info on the "more details" page"
(didn't check the measurements stated)

....well I ordered one thinking it wasn't W/S, if it is, then I'm even more delighted!

BTW do you think it will come with the stand..? (looking at the pic, I guess yes, but have a look here:

http://skybuy.sky.com/searchresult.asp?searchText=EA0428&searchType=C

(got that by searching for product number EA0428 in th esearch box..)

What do you think?

Doubelspresso

CooperUK

Just got off the phone with Skybuy customer services - they confirm it is definitely widescreen - yippee.

I would assume that it does come with a stand - that's what is advertised in the picture.

Now just have to sit and wait for it! Let me know how you get on.

dej23

I ordered the Toshiba, but then phoned sky customer services, they told me that it wasn't a w/s, this was after the agent went away for a few minutes. So i canceled my order. Are you guys sure it w/s

bonzobanana

I think the Toshiba is just a bought in low cost product to supplement Toshiba's range. The same set can be bought under different brands like Bush. Its not a real Toshiba model just badge engineered. Still a good price but the Bush model has sold for as low as £179 so its not a dramatic saving but of course its a much better label on the front.

I actually went for the Thomson as my sharp 28" widescreen is pants and will get sold on.

CooperUK

If it isn't any good I can send it back under the 'cooling off' agreement within their terms and conditions. They will arrange for a courier to pick it up for return and full refund.

Have to wait and see I guess.

I'll keep you posted.

gfc

Standard Member
Anyone been given a delivery date yet? I've ordered the Toshiba 28" and quoted delivery within 28 days. Also spoke to Sky customer services and they said it was w/s and included a stand. If not its still a bargain i guess.:D

Originally posted by bonzobanana
I think the Toshiba is just a bought in low cost product to supplement Toshiba's range. The same set can be bought under different brands like Bush. Its not a real Toshiba model just badge engineered.

On what do you base your info? Have you seen this model elswhere?
I had several Tosh in the past and always been very happy...

Doublespresso

shodan

Distinguished Member
I ordered the 32" Thomson (When it was on there) and got told the same 28 days wait etc. I figured for £200 I could afford to buy before I try for a 32" TV!

Does know the name of it? No, not Trevor or Francis but the model number?

bonzobanana

Originally posted by Doublespresso
On what do you base your info? Have you seen this model elswhere?
I had several Tosh in the past and always been very happy...

Doublespresso

All the basic/budget Toshiba range models are bought in. Only the mid range and above models they make themselves.

Heres an example Toshiba 28w23b;

An the same with Bush name model no WS6673;

gfc

Standard Member
3 weeks now. Anyone been given a delivery date for their tv's yet? Think i'll give Sky a ring tomorrow and see if there's any news or maybe try and get the number of whoever's going to do the delivery.

dej23

I ordered the TV the day this post was placed. I then decided I couldn't aford the TV so canceled the order. I was told that the TV may already be on its way. The TV arrived 2 days latter, but we rejected the TV.

I received mine about a week after I placed the order, although I ordered the 28" Tosh.

It may be worth giving them a call as I read on antother thread that they have not always been reliable with their deliveries.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by dejul
I ordered the TV the day this post was placed. I then decided I couldn't aford the TV so canceled the order. I was told that the TV may already be on its way. The TV arrived 2 days latter, but we rejected the TV.

The 32" Thomson ?

Mike.

gfc

Standard Member
Can you remember who the couriers were with the delivery as Sky are still unable to confirm the delivery:(

Can't say as the guy delivered it straight into my flat and gave me a plain delivery note to sign.

Having said that I also ordered a small appliance which was delivered (separetely) by City Link but they may not be teh same company used for delivering items such as TVs

markymark34

a tv delivery from sky!! Do you have a picture of that so i can see what it looks like! :)
3 weeks now for me and i was promised twice someone would phone me within 'a couple of days' that was 2 weeks ago.

there will be a new model out by the time i recieve mine!

:suicide:

mark

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett