Very Best LCD Screen Money Can Buy?

K

kit23

Hello

So we now know what the very best plasma out there is now I would also like to know what is the very best LCD screen money can buy?

thanks for any help you can offer

Holy sh*t, that BrightSide looks awesome.

Shame abut the price though :(

If they could knock a 0 of the price though :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:
Top Link!

The article is quite well written and the side by side pictures show how good
the technology is.

Roll on 2007!!!!

Id have to say though that the best affordable in the UK now is the philips 37PF9830 - it has 1920*1080 resolution and a stunning pic. I have just one gripe and thats the fact that it wont accept a 1080p signal.- so you only get 1080 at 30Hz still all the indications are this thing looks great if you like the Ambilight

I wouldnt pay for a 1920x1080 panel if it didnt accept 1080p. It kind of defeats the object for having that resolution. The Sharp is 1080p ready.

hmm - the Sharp costs twice as much. Under some circumstances it does not give as good an image, and the philips like all LCDs ONLY displays progressive, but at 30Hz not 60. The only way it accepts a signal to take advantage of that is via a 1080i60 input resulting in a 1080p image.

1080i admittedly is not much better that 720p (12%more data) and it comes down to the content argument - footy will look better in 720p, arts stuff will look best in 1080i

Given the above and that there are no 1080p50 transmission systems in the world sticking to 1080p30 (or if you prefer 1080i60), for the next 5 years seems acceptable for a saving of over £2K

joker_zero said:
hmm - the Sharp costs twice as much. Under some circumstances it does not give as good an image, and the philips like all LCDs ONLY displays progressive, but at 30Hz not 60. The only way it accepts a signal to take advantage of that is via a 1080i60 input resulting in a 1080p image.
The OP was about best LCD money can buy so it has to be the Sharp. Having said that isn't their a 65" version of a Sharp Aquos LCD being showcased at John Lewis somewhere.

On best it can buy you probably right the 45TI is good, did not know of the 65" sharp. Will keep a look out at the stuff show in a fortnight :thumbsup:

ah - there you go - well out of my price range but a 65" 1080p panel has got to be a contender for best money can buy in the UK.

Sharp 65" due to be on show at Hitech Show on Norfolk Showground in Norwich 28th,29,30 September.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom