1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very basic output question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pygmy Hippo, May 6, 2002.

1. Pygmy Hippo

Pygmy Hippo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After some good advice from this forum i've decided to go with an ATI 7500, but until i can afford a a nice PJ i'll be using the S-Video output to my TV.
    Given that my TV's scart sockets are not S-Video enabled is there anyway of getting the signal thru to the scarts on the rear rather than the unpleasant mess of the S-Video socket on the front.
    I'm buying a RGB to S-Video transcoder for my Digibox to tv card but i gather that it only converts one way - is there anything that converts it the other way?
    Sorry if its a daft question - you'd think that by now i'd be learning something :)

Cheers

Steve

2. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if it has an s-video input on the front of the tv there is a very good chance that at least one of the scarts on the back is s-video enabled .(have a look in the tv manual) if you do have an s-video enabled scart then you simply need a s-video to scart cable that you can pick up from most electrical stores

3. Pygmy Hippo

Pygmy Hippo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that - i'll be looking round the back of tele and checking that one out in a mo - whats the betting i drop the bloody thing in the process? :)

Thanks Again

Steve

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Usually Scart 1 will be RGB and scart 2 will be SVHS. Try flicking through the inputs. If you see YC2 then you have an Svid scart. On the subject of converters, I'm not aware of an Svid to RGB converter. I don't think the Svideo signal has enough information to convert to RGB whereas you can get the svid info from an RGB signal.