Very bad experience with DvdWorldUsa!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by sergiosangiorgi, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello, let me tell you something about this great supplier aka DVDWORLDUSA

1st - Since I live in Italy he doesn't want to refund me a 100,00 euro missing order because of their shipping policy: Non-UK/International Orders Only: DVDWorldUSA will not be held responsible for any items which are not delivered due to customs action or postal losses or theft, this is entirely at the customer's own risk. This afternoon after waiting almost 2 months for this order I've called them to try to get a refund and you know what they told me? They will give me my money back as credit but just as 10,00 euro for each new order that I will do!!! So to get my 100,00 euro back I will have to order from them 10 times!!! Are they crazy? When I've asked that and I've told him that I'll get my money back from Visa "Mr.Nice" Tony Denson put down the phone on my face!! I've called back and I've asked him: Mr. did you put down the phone on me? He replied "of course" and he did it again!!! Mr.Denson let me tell you: we will see what my Visa card will think about your shipping policy! :hiya:

2nd - I've received some damaged blu-ray (James Bond Collection vol.1-2-IronMan and Indiana Jones)... he "kindly" asked me to send them back at my expenses... spent 33,00 euro in shipping fees and now after more than a month he claims that he has just received IronMan and Indiana Jones... the expensive James Bond Collection Boxsets got lost in limbo! Maybe it's just me being very bad but these boxsets and the Indiana Jones recently appear on their massive savings section... or maybe in Bonita Spring FL (where they're located) some alligator was very hungry... who knows! Please note that I'm still waiting for the refund of the two blu-ray from them received more than two weeks ago!

3rd On their website they clearly declare that they don't supply "inferior canadian products" Not really true! Before Xmas I've received some canadian blu-ray from them (look the attached pic)... I've called them on january about this matter and they told me "before we did but now no more"... very nice!!! They sold me "inferior canadian products" and now they have the courage to write this on their website:
    When you purchase Region 1 DVDs, Region A Blu-rays or Multi-Region Blu-rays, be sure that the company that you are buying from are not substituting the cheaper and more inferior Canadian version. These have packaging with both English and French writing on the front and back, often have less features than the genuine U.S. version and they can also lead with a French language track. In most cases, when you compare the Canadian and U.S. versions of the same title, most customers would definitely prefer the U.S. version (in fact, many of our customers choose us specifically because we supply the U.S. version and because they loathe Canadian versions. Beware of companies (with U.S.A. in the name!) who only supply Canadian product. Rest assured, we don’t!

Please if you're outside UK just avoid this supplier or you'll be sorry like me now! Sergio Sangiorgi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    I have heard far to many stories like this that shows this guys total disregard for customer service for my liking.

Have never used them and never will.

3. malkit

malkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Not surprised by this at all.
    I was messed around with a couple of orders from this site last year,it took me a couple of months of calls to eventually get my money back and I decided I would never use them again.

4. vtrmart

vtrmart
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,196
    Snap- they still owe me £5.40 for their cock up and had the cheek to say that credit is written off if not used within 90 days....never heard such drivel.

5. mikegambit

mikegambit
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I used them a couple of times a few years ago but they were hopeless - never again

6. Danieluwe

Danieluwe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    First time I used them my card details were stolen and used to purchase over £200.00 worth of goods, DVDworld said that it was RBS's servers at fault not them, but it's never happened when I've ordered anywhere else,

Luckily my credit card provider spotted the transaction and blocked it but still not a good thing,

They gave me some money off the order as an apology but still not great, not used them since.

7. xit2050

xit2050

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    What kind of BS is that?
    So because a Canadian version has dual language covers it is an inferior release?
    :rolleyes:

Strange, I know a market of almost 60 million people that specially search for websites that sell Canadian versions.
    :suicide:

I wonder how many customers that loser has...

8. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Well french speakers, (are you guys french speakers over there?) will favour the Canadian releases, but us English folk generally prefer the US versions without the French on the cover.

I'm sure if he was marketing to the French then his stance would be different.

9. xit2050

xit2050

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    About 40% of the population here in Belgium.

I can imagine you guys prefer it without the French covers (although I don't quite understand why, I'm Dutch speaking myself and don't give a damn what's on the cover, it's the movie that matters to me).

He says he ships everywhere
    The guy is an just a**hole as far as I'm concerned and he certainly could use some lessons in marketing and treat his (potential) customers with some respect.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  10. darkknight1976

darkknight1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, just new 2 this site. i've bought several times from dvd world usa and have only ever had one problem when 2 blu-ray discs i had ordered before xmas never showed up, after one phone call and a message 2 the company 2 explain what discs were missing they sent me out replacements. i have found them 2 be quite reliable and fast with there delivery and they are also one of the cheapest sites on the internet.

11. xit2050

xit2050

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    Your name isn't Tony by accident?
    :rolleyes:

:D

12. darkknight1976

darkknight1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NO. sorry 2 disappoint you. iv had between 50-100 dvds from dvd world usa and only had the problem once which they sorted out for me without any hesitation. :D

13. blablobb

blablobb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sergio: Did you pay by credit card? If so, why don't you do a charge back?

14. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What a lucky guy!!! You must also take a chance at the lottery this weekend...Maybe you'll win this too!!:D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  15. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I did it yesterday... now waiting to get back my money!

16. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As I'm waiting to get my money back from Visa for the lost orders, Mr. "Nice" Tony Denson never refund the money for the defective blu-ray that I've sent back... almost 133,00 euro including the shipping fees! I've called him today and when I've asked about the refund he told me: "Hello Mr. chargeback... you're just an a****le" and he put down the phone! What can I say... please beware of this "little man" aka Tony Denson from DVDWORLDUSA! Sergio Sangiorgi.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  17. bosque

bosque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    If you're getting the money back via chargeback what exactly is the problem ? And given the amount (sounds like thousands) are you sure you aren't a rival company dishing (spamming) bad news on a rival :nono:

18. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry man but I'm not a DVD supplier, I live in Milan, Italy and I work for Mediaset Tv Network... are you maybe a friend of Mr. "Nice" Tony Denson? By the way Mr.Denson: don't hide yourself behind a phone and curse customers like me that gave you money to feed your big mouth... come to Milan if you dare (you know my address right?) so we'll arrange things man to man and I'll show you who's the a****le! Even if I will get my money with the visa chargeback this "little man" will never give me the money for the blu-ray that I've sent back... and we're talking about 133,00 euro! Understand now Bosque? Maybe you're rich and don't care about hundreds... but I do! :mad:

19. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    133 Euros = £123

20. chelsea.tone

chelsea.tone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    I used them quite a bit, was all good. Then i phoned about a matter and he was extremely rude. Never used them since. movietymes gain :smashin:

21. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, me too now using movietyme... finally found one with very good customer service! :smashin:

22. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,224
    I don't doubt what you say. You've convinced me that you're genuine. There were several rubbish campaigns against Play.Com in these forums for whatever reason. Most of those were new members like yourself so old members will be sceptical when someone new slates a certain company. Of course it's your very rage at the way you've been treated that's made you post as you have.

Regards
    Bri

23. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  24. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,224
  25. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to say that Mr Denson is a member on the forum so you may get a direct answer from him here.

EDIT, Saying that, he hasn't been online for a year. so forget that

I personally don't use DVDWORLDUSA anymore as i have found them awkward to deal with

26. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,280
    I've only used them for the first ime now, when the Let the Right One In Blu-ray was impossible to get hold of from all the major online stores. Not only did they deliver the disc within three days as promised, they also responded to my email enquiries in person, so I'm happy with their service.

27. sergiosangiorgi

sergiosangiorgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like a very old Rod Stewart's song: some guys have all the luck... some guys have all the pain... :)

28. darkknight1976

darkknight1976
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a couple of times iv had either dvds not arrive or wrong dvd sent, and whenever i emailed them they hav always replied and helped me out. for instance i ordered fast and furious on blu-ray but got sent the dvd. phoned them n was told it would get sorted straight away, received my blu-ray within 3 days and they also sent me another blu-ray film(hancock)
    for the mess up. iv used them 4 quite a few years now and find them 2 be easy 2 deal with and one of the best dvd suppliers out there

29. jdevil

jdevil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,499
    Oh for the love of good avoid this company, Movietyme is much better.
    Purchased Transformers 2, took way to long to ship and decided to cancel and move over to Movietyme.

Took 3 weeks to get a refund after opening 4/5 tickets, even phoned them and the lady on the phone was completely rude even though I'm a very shy and kind person.

Please fan boys stop defending this company, the customer service is crap. You know it and I know it every well, I could post every single email if you wanted to and see all their lame excuses.

@ Darkknight, did you just log in and started making your first few posts to defend this company? :rolleyes:

Tony left AVforums, no need to be a genius to figure why.

30. Geoff_D

Geoff_D
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,811
    ****. I wish I'd seen these threads before ordering a couple of Bond Blu-rays, which I'm into my fifth week of waiting for.