Vertigo (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 06/09/2021

Vertigo.jpg

Attachments

• Vertigo (inside).jpg
    Vertigo (inside).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Vertigo (open).jpg
    Vertigo (open).jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I like this one. Not like that horrific steelbook years ago which was in the top 10 worst of all time!

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Actually thought most would be pleased the original posters are being used, and that the backs are matching in the use of the Hitchcock silhouette...

What do we want on steelbooks?
Original posters!
When do we want it?
Well not now obviously!

:laugh:

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Actually thought most would be pleased the original posters are being used, and that the backs are matching in the use of the Hitchcock silhouette...

What to we want on steelbooks?
Original posters!
When do we want it?
Well not now obviously!

We want more floating heads obviously!

rulocal

Distinguished Member
What I don't want is titleless covers. Why do they insist on those?

I think it just means they can sell it across Europe without having to do different runs with translated titles. The US versions usually have titles - eg the recent Backdraft steelbook.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
If I liked the movie a touch more (and didnt have the 4 movie set) I’d have no problem with that. Pretty famous cover art. Almost no introduction (or title) needed.

Neogorom

I think it just means they can sell it across Europe without having to do different runs with translated titles.
True, that's certainly why they do it. I'm just having a real hard time accepting that. The title - in its original language - is, in my opinion, an integral part of the original work of art that a movie is. Leaving it out is a molestation.

Another user had another good point in that, aesthetically, removing the title creates an empty space, that's not supposed to be there. You're left with a feeling that there's something missing. In essence, they're destroying the artwork.

Garrett

Old joke
German mountain guide to American person he's guiding across a narrow cliff path : You have to be very carful on these narrow paths, I had someone who had a dizzy spell and fell over the edge.
American : Vertigo?
German guide : down there.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom