Vertically mounted projector options/advice.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Firebox7, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Firebox7

Firebox7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good Afternoon all,

My first post on the forum so please take it easy on me!

I've searched for a few hours now for advice on vertically mounting a projector and throwing the image 90deg to the opposing wall - effectively opposite the top surface of the projector if the projector is mounted facing up.

Assuming I have found a projector that has no cooling issues with being mounted this way, can anyone suggest a wall mount / mirror combo or offer any advise on either. I am aware that a perfectly flat, "first-surface" mirror will be required to minimise negative effects on picture quality but I have also seen a sort of 90deg prism setup that looks as though it mounts on to the lens surround itself... On Stackexchange of all places.

Kind Regards,

Z.

2. Firebox7

Firebox7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +682
    If your thinking of mounting the projector vertically then it's the cooling that you need to be looking at as projectors are not designed to work this way. We had a special job which required a special bright projector and the biggest issues we had was the air flow through the projector.

Regards, Shane.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. Firebox7

Firebox7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shane, there are a few manufacturers that offer projectors that can be mounted at any angle now so I have a few options available.

It looks like I'll be adapting this Audipack mount unless anyone has a better suggestion?

5. mihovils

mihovils
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to forum for the first time. I was looking for such manufacturers (for short throw verticall mount) for a really long time without success. Can you please share some available? Thanks!