Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

vertical "shadows" Panasonic 42pt10" rptv

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by yakko, Jul 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. yakko

yakko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello (Especially Laurel , still there?)
    Well as the title says, on vertical edges I get "ghosting", I'm pretty sure this isn't a connection problem as they appear on off air , as well as VCR and DVD sources. It's really bugging me, and since I bought the set from Techtronics (I know, I know) I won't pay the £100 they want to return it to base to look at it (btw the set is STILL under guarentee).
    Also I get a bend in the top and bottom edges on scope pictures , but a search here has revealed a fix in the service menu. I'm not going to touch the service menu however, until I hear back from Panasonic regarding a local engineer. I actually checked with Techtronics before I bought the set and they said if anything went wrong an engineer would call first.

Sorry this has evolved from a general query into an anti -techtronics rant.

Bill Hopkinson

(Oh and NTSC pictures seem skewed to one side {can't remember which} most noticeable on the THX blue rectangle.)