1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vertical lines with Pro-v

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Steve D Green, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Steve D Green

Steve D Green

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just got the Pro-v mentioned in earlier threads to convert s-video, (namely console and Digital TV) to VGA for use with an AE-100.

Unfortunately, I get vertical lines on dark areas with any PAL signal through s-video, in VGA, SVGA and XGA. It also appears on composite, but does not seem nearly as bad as s-video.

I've tried a console, s-video from an s-vhs recorder, s-video from the digibox via an RGB to s-video convertor and s-video from a DVD player, and two different leads. All have the same lines.

What I have noticed is that R1 DVDs do not have the same problem, or NTSC Laserdiscs only PAL sources through s-video.

Curiously, the built-in tuner does not seem to have the same problem.

I've tried running the auto-setup on the AE-100, still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong, I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this, as the vertical lines are far worse than the original s-video input directly into the Panasonic.

Thanks,

Steve