Vertical Lines on Sony

LisaIsMe

Novice Member
I recently noticed a vertical line that faintly shows when watching my TV. It is always there. It's really faint when looking at a picture, so I put it on a different HDMI screen so you can see it better. I've noticed there's other lines as well that are not noticeable when watching TV. Any idea what it is? I've tried reseating all the hdmi as well as the power cord. I've also mirrored something from my phone to see if it's my cable, but still there. It's livable right now, since only that darker middle one is really noticeable. But even that still kind of faint. But worried it's going to get worse?

Attachments

• 20210703_203951.jpg
    20210703_203951.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 70

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I recently noticed a vertical line that faintly shows when watching my TV. It is always there. It's really faint when looking at a picture, so I put it on a different HDMI screen so you can see it better. I've noticed there's other lines as well that are not noticeable when watching TV. Any idea what it is? I've tried reseating all the hdmi as well as the power cord. I've also mirrored something from my phone to see if it's my cable, but still there. It's livable right now, since only that darker middle one is really noticeable. But even that still kind of faint. But worried it's going to get worse?
Looks like vertical banding. If it's in warranty I'd complain to Sony and ask for a replacement although they might say it's within the tolerances they set and not deem it to be faulty.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom