Vertical lines on Owl screen

uksteve69

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently just fitted my 6 foot Owl screen which I bought via the power buy.
I have noticed that there are vertical lines on the screen surface which run the length of the screen approx every 14 inches apart which seem to be stress lines in the screen material. These are quite noticable when viewing scenes with a plain or uniform colour.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal or should I contact av-sales about it?

Cheers

Not noticed this on mine but do have other problems with my 8ft Owl (separate thread). I would definitely contact AV-Sales to get it sorted.

Anyone else get the feeling that the quality of the Owl screens is slipping??

I should have said that the lines are also visible with no image projected, just the white screen itself in daylight and they are visible.
Thet do look like stress or crease marks.

My OWL 8ft electric screen does have a few uneven lines, but i put this down to the roller mechanism making pressure marks?
Doesn't effect the projected image.
Like Krames states, I get more vertical banding from the LCD projection.

C

I did also notice that the lines were only in the white area and not in the black border.
I had spoken to av-sales about my problem who then immediately sent out a replacement screen which is now fitted and doesn't have the vertical lines!!
Well done to av-sales for a speedy response!!.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom