Quantcast

Question Vertical line problem Samsung(pics attached)PS51e550d1k

luk1019

Novice Member
I would like to diagnose what part of the plasma display causes this problem, i have attached pictures below .
It is a vertical line on right side of the TV screen. below is a close up of the line (pictures)
Any help appreciated , thank you in advance.

Attachments

geese

Now im no Expert but I had thos on my Sony plasma years and years ago, same side too. Its either one of the boards or the panel acting bad.

luk1019

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply , I took off the back panel and i have noticed that a logic board has a blinking little green led on it , constantly is blinking on and off. i think it maybe a problem with the logic board .

One Youtube video shows how ribbon cables on edge of screen can come unglued/soldered and it is difficult to make a repair.
My pn64e533 plasma just got a thin vertical stripe on the right side. Had a few circuit boards replaced just under 5 years of owning (under an extended warranty I had purchased) for video not consistently coming on. Now <2 years later, this will be the end of this set that has such nice darks. The new quantum dot lcds or Oleds will at least be lower in power usage, which may help pay for a new set. Good luck if you can get a cheap repair.

Attachments

Last edited: