vertical line in HD programs have you seen it

skooby

Standard Member
I've notice on several occation now that a verticle line has appeared to the far right hand side of the screen ans was wondering if anyone else has seen it or is it my screen.

If its not my screen than does anyone no the cause?

Thanks skooby

Ryder

Standard Member
what screen is it and where is the line. I get retention from sky sports news and vertical banding on my pio.

skooby

Standard Member
The screen is a fujitsu 42" the new 58 series.

I've only seen it 3 times for a few seconds at a time in the middle of the HD program. its a dark thin verticle line about about 3 inches in fron the left.

skooby

G

gegs

yep hope this doesnt spoil anyone elses enjoyment watchin stuff but i 2 have been annoyed by a vertical line as described but only on certain scenes.
i had a samsung r74 40 inch lcd then a 32 inch with exact same line about inch from left hand of screen (really noticeable on the supervolcano preview on bbc preview channel)
truth is its even on my panasonic ae900 projector as well but less noticebale its been a torture tryin to figure out. any suggestions apart from learnin to live with it would b great.

thanks in advance, at least i now know im not goin mad if its on someone elses screen

skooby

Standard Member
gregwatt

so you get it on multiple devices this must imply that its iether the HD box or the broadcast that causeing the problem,that good news.

i wounder how many other poeple get it would be intresting to find out.

skooby

G

gegs

to clarify the line is only noticable on certain scenes (it is about two and a half inches from left side on this 40 inch tv but was only about 2 on the 32 inch model) when changing channels on sky the blue screen shows the difference in shade just where the line is for that split second.

on the xbox 360 on dark scenes in call of duty2 it is also noticeable when moving from left to right but iv yet to see it on a dvd picture even tho its connected to my yamaha amp in the same fashion.

extremely puzzling?