1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vertical Limit - Superbit

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dejongj, Sep 15, 2003.

1. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    All I can say is: WOW

The story is so, so. But the sound and visuals is what home cinema should be like. I have only watched it with the DTS soundtrack and oh boy that is good.
    My wife and I were drawn into a movie like never before. We were ducking and diving to avoid the rotor blades, and when the blonde (good looking) girl broke here fingers...gosh it made me feel sick....

FANTASTIC....

The only gripe I had, and it was for the very first time, my Limit 9900SE progressive scan player was showing its limits (!!). I never before good fault the picture quality, but on this Superbit release it definitely had difficulty with the superb definition of the long distance mountain pans....

This is what DVD should sound and look like....Please do not watch this on anything less than a 8ft wide screen and without a subwoofer....otherwise you run the risk of disagreeing with me ;-)

Cheers,

2. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    I might have too get this Baby Now,i always thought the DD5.1 version was lacking that vitail "umpf" during the avalance scenes.

I only got my First Superbit on Thursday and i was impressed by that. So next on my list are:

Verticle Limit
    The One
    xXx
    Spiderman

3. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Hi Marv,

So far I have seen in Superbit:

MIB II - Fantastic, the thumb of the T-rex made me immediately order the Jurassic parc superbits as well...Couldn't hear it in MIB II just feeeeeeeeel it....

A Knights Tale - but still haven't watched it as my wife wanted to watch Frost on Sunday night....I've seen it in a hotel room and thought is was very funny, but missed the ending as I fel asleep.

Now I discovered the joys of Superbit, I will buy Gladiator again as well....

Plus the ones on your list above and ...The Patriot. Unlike some I did enjoy it, but can't wait to hear it in DTS...

Also I read THX's review of Black Hawk Down, which was the best movie I watched so far this year...but the normal version. Based upon his review we got to have the Superbit one....

4. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Re: Vertical Limit, are you referring to R1 or R2?

5. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Hi Nick,

I am referring to the R2 Superbit release....

6. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was extremely impressed with the standard R2 transfer tbh - have you seen this one and compared it to the Superbit release by any chance?

nb - I was also watching via a pj as well!!

7. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Hi Rogeralpine,

Unfortunately I could not make the comparison between the standard version and the superbit versions. The superbit was cheaper so it did not even cross my mind...

Besides the picture improved, it is also the sound on the few superbits that I have seen. This is what it should sound like in a homecinema. It is 'almost' better than any upgrade I have done so far. I think it just proves that the source is still the most important element in any setup...

Or as the saying goes, no matter how long you polish are turd......