• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Vertical Flaring Sagem HDD45

Brivs Mekis

Hi all

was watching saving private ryan last night on my sagem.
after the first scene, after they blow up the fence and get to the top of the beach i noticed vertical lines above objects. its hard to describe, but flaring is the best word i can use. imagine the image is a wet painting and someone has put their fingers in the paint and flicked towards the top of the screen

like when the camera pans across the fires in the distance on the beach, there are many vertical lines originating from the fire upto the top of the screen, maybe a centimetre or so between lines. it was the same on peoples faces.

havent had time to test it again. i'm sure i noticed something similar on the green day bullet in a bible dvd.

this lasted for maybe 20 seconds and then everything went back to normal.

has anyone else experinced this? what is it and should i be worried??

its the first time i've seen someting like this. i know there is lots happening on screen in this film but i didnt think the sagem would struggle?

:lease:

philbam

Brivs Mekis said:
Hi all

was watching saving private ryan last night on my sagem.
after the first scene, after they blow up the fence and get to the top of the beach i noticed vertical lines above objects. its hard to describe, but flaring is the best word i can use. imagine the image is a wet painting and someone has put their fingers in the paint and flicked towards the top of the screen

like when the camera pans across the fires in the distance on the beach, there are many vertical lines originating from the fire upto the top of the screen, maybe a centimetre or so between lines. it was the same on peoples faces.

havent had time to test it again. i'm sure i noticed something similar on the green day bullet in a bible dvd.

this lasted for maybe 20 seconds and then everything went back to normal.

has anyone else experinced this? what is it and should i be worried??

its the first time i've seen someting like this. i know there is lots happening on screen in this film but i didnt think the sagem would struggle?

:lease:
This is right, this is how it looked in the cinema and on both region one and region 2 dvd. It is to do with the digital camerwork used by Spielberg I understand, so don't worry,its not your set playing up!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom