Veronica Mars ??

I thought it was brilliant. The premise sounds a bit rubbish (high school girl is a private eye in her spare time), but I really enjoyed it and was annoyed when they canned it after 3 series.

Series that I like (so you can compare your taste) include Buffy, Firefly (canned), Journeyman (canned). And yet they continue to make more series of Lost and 24 ....

I thought it was brilliant. The premise sounds a bit rubbish (high school girl is a private eye in her spare time), but I really enjoyed it and was annoyed when they canned it after 3 series.

Series that I like (so you can compare your taste) include Buffy, Firefly (canned), Journeyman (canned). And yet they continue to make more series of Lost and 24 ....

That's because they are:-

A) Popular
B) Excellent shows (especially 24), which is why there are popular!

Although I agree, the American TV networks are a bit hasty at cancelling, Journeyman was great and thought-provoking, Eli Stone is another recently cancelledTV show I miss. If you want to stick the knife in, go for Law & Order (the prosecution almost always wins) and the Heinz 57 varieties of CSI!

As for the original question, Veronica Mars is quite good, my wife watches it so I've seen a few episodes and it's enjoyable if not great.

Veronica Mars is awesome!

Search for it here and you will find many threads of people asking about this and most of them with me replying. :rotfl:

Season 1 and 2 were superb, some truly amazing episodes and story arcs with superb performances by Kristen Bell.

Season 3 was ok, episode 9 excellent, but the rest so so. Didn't really work in season 3 with cast changes etc which is one of the main reasons it resulted in lower viewers and ultimately cancellation.

Quality show, might not grab the over 30's much.

Liam

It's easily one of my favourite shows. Would have a bigger audience if they released on DVD over here, although the R1 sets are region free :smashin:

Purchased complete three series from Amazon Germany. The sleeves are in german but as I rip all my purchased dvd's it's a non-issue. I used Media Browser to get the meta-data.

Never seen this but the girl looks hot, so gotta be worth a look ;)

Never seen this but the girl looks hot, so gotta be worth a look ;)

Kristen Bell from Heroes/Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I also believe she is the Narrator for Gossip Girl TV series.

On a more serious note considering this show is cancelled is it worth me viewing this show. Last thing I would hate is to start watching yet another tv show to find it ends on a cliffhanger like a lot of my favourite shows have. My name is earl and the riches spring to mind on that one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom