Veronica Mars ??

r0rschach

Standard Member
I thought it was brilliant. The premise sounds a bit rubbish (high school girl is a private eye in her spare time), but I really enjoyed it and was annoyed when they canned it after 3 series.

Series that I like (so you can compare your taste) include Buffy, Firefly (canned), Journeyman (canned). And yet they continue to make more series of Lost and 24 ....

gary99129

I thought it was brilliant. The premise sounds a bit rubbish (high school girl is a private eye in her spare time), but I really enjoyed it and was annoyed when they canned it after 3 series.

Series that I like (so you can compare your taste) include Buffy, Firefly (canned), Journeyman (canned). And yet they continue to make more series of Lost and 24 ....

That's because they are:-

A) Popular
B) Excellent shows (especially 24), which is why there are popular!

Although I agree, the American TV networks are a bit hasty at cancelling, Journeyman was great and thought-provoking, Eli Stone is another recently cancelledTV show I miss. If you want to stick the knife in, go for Law & Order (the prosecution almost always wins) and the Heinz 57 varieties of CSI!

As for the original question, Veronica Mars is quite good, my wife watches it so I've seen a few episodes and it's enjoyable if not great.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Veronica Mars is awesome!

Search for it here and you will find many threads of people asking about this and most of them with me replying. :rotfl:

Season 1 and 2 were superb, some truly amazing episodes and story arcs with superb performances by Kristen Bell.

Season 3 was ok, episode 9 excellent, but the rest so so. Didn't really work in season 3 with cast changes etc which is one of the main reasons it resulted in lower viewers and ultimately cancellation.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Quality show, might not grab the over 30's much.

Liam

phase_one

It's easily one of my favourite shows. Would have a bigger audience if they released on DVD over here, although the R1 sets are region free :smashin:

gosties

Purchased complete three series from Amazon Germany. The sleeves are in german but as I rip all my purchased dvd's it's a non-issue. I used Media Browser to get the meta-data.

darkcloud2011

On a more serious note considering this show is cancelled is it worth me viewing this show. Last thing I would hate is to start watching yet another tv show to find it ends on a cliffhanger like a lot of my favourite shows have. My name is earl and the riches spring to mind on that one.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
The show did not end on a cliffhanger, it ran for 3 seasons and definitely worth a watch.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom