1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verey strange tosh problem.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by flat spot, Sep 3, 2005.

1. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I've just got back from being away for a few days and turned on the telly. Tosh 32zp18q. It seemed fine for a few minutes then I lost any control with the remote or buttons on the front. The "green" light disappears (I think thats the stereo sound light) and thats it for a few more mins when it switches itself to standby.
    It may or may not start up again, but when it eventually does it works fine then goes through the same thing. Loose any control on the remote then turns itself off.
    It's only a couple of years old with no previous problems at all. It seems everything works fine for a short while then goes pear shaped. When I do have picture and sound they're fine.
    Has anyone had even remotely similar problems like this with a set before?

2. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Well just so you know it was the control chip on the only pull out board in side. The chip was £48 + vat and the labour of which was all of 15 mins swapping the boards was £60 + vat.
    Seems I'm in the wrong job. :eek:
    BTW, this was from the only Toshiba recommended person in my north west area.

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Did you take the set to the TV repair shop or did he come out to you and how many visits if he did?

4. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I explained the problem on the phone and he knew what it was from the conversation. There is a call out charge of £45 unless you ask him to fix it then that is wavered for the £60+vat labour. He came, took the back off, swapped the card and left in 20 mins or so. The complete card is not new either. Just the control chip on it. I assume someone else will get my card with a new chip at some point.