Ver. 2.7 impossible to make a cd image file.

Michalis

Established Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest firmware from Toshiba web site, but when I unzip the file with either WinRar or WinZip it recompresses it as an .prg file, which then is impossible to burn as a cd image file on a cd. Actually Nero7 does not recognise it as an image file which has to be .img or .nrg or something else type of file, but not .prg.
When I change the .prg to .nrg I can burn it as an image file on a cd-rw disc, but when I load it on the XE-1 it starts to update showing "VERUP" but after a while it fails showing on the display 2007c00+/-
What goes wrong;
I updated to 2.5 and 2.51 perfectly about a month before.
Thank's in advance.

Just rename from .prg file to.iso

Thank's, but is that the way everybody had to do, or is it the solution just in my case;
(I renamed it before from .prg to .nrg as this is a valid file on Nero image burn and I could burn that as an image file but as I wrote with no success on update.)

I had no problems with the file as it was with the latest version of Nero (8).

Had to do the same myself....it downloaded as a .prg extension but i just changed it to a .iso and made sure 'disc at once' was selected....not 'track at once' ...and slowed the writing speed down a bit too. Worked fine then.

Thank you guys, I will try that tomorrow morning and hope it will work.
Excellent forum!

I have the 2.7 disc from Toshiba which I have successfully loaded onto my XE1.

Send me a PM with your details and I will gladly pop this in the post to you.

Regards.

Andy

I have the 2.7 disc from Toshiba which I have successfully loaded onto my XE1.

Send me a PM with your details and I will gladly pop this in the post to you.

Regards.

Andy

Thank you very much, but following the recomendations on this thread (renaiming to .iso etc...) I could succesfully updated ny XE1 to 2.7, as easily as I had done with previous 2.5 and 2.51 firmwares.
Thank you again for all help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom