Ver. 2.7 impossible to make a cd image file.

Michalis

I downloaded the latest firmware from Toshiba web site, but when I unzip the file with either WinRar or WinZip it recompresses it as an .prg file, which then is impossible to burn as a cd image file on a cd. Actually Nero7 does not recognise it as an image file which has to be .img or .nrg or something else type of file, but not .prg.
When I change the .prg to .nrg I can burn it as an image file on a cd-rw disc, but when I load it on the XE-1 it starts to update showing "VERUP" but after a while it fails showing on the display 2007c00+/-
What goes wrong;
I updated to 2.5 and 2.51 perfectly about a month before.
Thank's in advance.

Michalis

Just rename from .prg file to.iso

Thank's, but is that the way everybody had to do, or is it the solution just in my case;
(I renamed it before from .prg to .nrg as this is a valid file on Nero image burn and I could burn that as an image file but as I wrote with no success on update.)

Sonic67

Banned
I had no problems with the file as it was with the latest version of Nero (8).

spiderbundy

Standard Member
Had to do the same myself....it downloaded as a .prg extension but i just changed it to a .iso and made sure 'disc at once' was selected....not 'track at once' ...and slowed the writing speed down a bit too. Worked fine then.

Spenny

I have the 2.7 disc from Toshiba which I have successfully loaded onto my XE1.

Send me a PM with your details and I will gladly pop this in the post to you.

Regards.

Andy

Michalis

I have the 2.7 disc from Toshiba which I have successfully loaded onto my XE1.

Send me a PM with your details and I will gladly pop this in the post to you.

Regards.

Andy

Thank you very much, but following the recomendations on this thread (renaiming to .iso etc...) I could succesfully updated ny XE1 to 2.7, as easily as I had done with previous 2.5 and 2.51 firmwares.
Thank you again for all help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom