Venturer Hd-dvd Player

Venturer HD DVD Player to Ship in Time for 2007 Holiday Sales

The SHD7000 will be distributed in North America by Venturer Electronics of Markham, Ontario, and sold through national retailers with retail prices expected to be one of the lowest among entry-level HD DVD players
Hopefully this means ever lower prices than the HD-A2 & HD-A3. If so, I'm willing to bet this will sell by the bucket load this Christmas :thumbsup:

Hopefully this means ever lower prices than the HD-A2 & HD-A3. If so, I'm willing to bet this will sell by the bucket load this Christmas :thumbsup:

I would think it needs to be at about $200US MSRP. We'll probably learn more from CEDIA :)! Excellent news :D:D:D!

I’m sure you’re right.

I cannot see this machine retailing for more than the cheapest Toshiba.

OK, a rampant speculation moment here.

It seems that Venturer also produce electrical goods under the name Durabrand.

A large outlet in the US for these Durabrand goods is Wal-Mart.

I’m not sure if Durabrand goods are still sold by Asda in the UK, but they certainly used to be.

So…..

I cannot see this machine retailing for more than the cheapest Toshiba.
Agreed, that just wouldn't make sense.

It looks like the third generation Toshiba players are based on the new Broadcomm\Microsoft SoC solution, so I believe these are too.

I'm going to bet $179-199 at retail...

Agreed, that just wouldn't make sense.

It looks like the third generation Toshiba players are based on the new Broadcomm\Microsoft SoC solution, so I believe these are too.

I'm going to bet $179-199 at retail...

I’m not sure what the MSRP of the product will be, but I’m sure it will be high enough to give the impression of a decent saving when the player is reduced in price for it’s first ‘sale’ ;)

Having worked in Tesco for a few years I can tell you that over the years many Venturer products have been sold by Tesco (currently there are a few LCD TV's in store).

I wonder if this will be another. It would certainly be a step in the right direction for mass uptake of High Def

Having worked in Tesco for a few years I can tell you that over the years many Venturer products have been sold by Tesco (currently there are a few LCD TV's in store).

I wonder if this will be another. It would certainly be a step in the right direction for mass uptake of High Def

Welcome to the Forums:)

Do you not think some people will find your user name offensive?

Much better looking in the all over black than the earlier 2 tone look -

SHD7000.JPG

Looks like those Chinese players can be spoken of now without the "mythical" (derisive) term some have preferred to use when discussing them. :thumbsup:

According to HighDefDigest Venturer Electronics has announced it will release a budget HD DVD player in time for this year's holiday shopping season. No price as been announced yet but will be "among the lowest priced of all entry-level HD DVD players yet to hit the market". Interesting - the first sub-US$200 player perhaps?

Specs have not yet been fully revealed but will include 1080i video output via HDMI and Dolby TrueHD support (this may be 2 channel only). Of course the HD DVD spec requires players to be ethernet enabled and support iHD so that can be assumed.

I'll say $150 or free with selected HD televisions.

I have just received a PM from David Susilo who posted on AVS the price for this player, Cdn $ 179.99. He says that he works for the company. Although not absolutely definitive, he likely will have a fairly accurate idea and the price seems to match many predictions. So this should translate to something like US$165.00. And a speculative £125.00 over here.

Much better looking in the all over black than the earlier 2 tone look -

SHD7000.JPG

Looks like those Chinese players can be spoken of now without the "mythical" (derisive) term some have preferred to use when discussing them. :thumbsup:

Anyone notice the drive bay in the pic being at the opposite side to that of the toshiba models... does this mean all new internals???????

I have just received a PM from David Susilo who posted on AVS the price for this player, Cdn $ 179.99. He says that he works for the company. Although not absolutely definitive, he likely will have a fairly accurate idea and the price seems to match many predictions. So this should translate to something like US$165.00. And a speculative £125.00 over here.

............and to think I paid £450 for an E1 last December :suicide: - early adopter = early mug:D

Venturer expect it will retail under 150 USD.

It is made by alco who supply to Walmart

I think that price and availability is "mythical", NOT

$150 HD DVD players are a coming :)

Come on you lot, you're unbelievable at times.

When will you ever learn?

We've been told....TOLD, by reputable BD fanboys that these players do not exist, will not exist and cannot exist. And you get carried away just because Ventura put it up at their website. You're so easily suckered!

:rotfl:

Joking aside, let's not forget that the HDDVDPG also announced in January that Lite-On and several other manufacturers would be bringing these to us. So it won't just be the Ventura vs the Toshiba, but all these other players, too. And competition drives prices down.

I also think the new Sammy Duo will provide good competition, as it's about the same price as the cheapest HD DVD & BD players combined, but offers far better spec.

Steve W

I have just received a PM from David Susilo who posted on AVS the price for this player, Cdn $ 179.99. He says that he works for the company.
I saw that post on AVS last night.

If he's genuine and it's true then the price is even better than I had anticipated.

I've said before that I believed we would see sub $149 players in time for Christmas, looks like it could actually happen :thumbsup:

If he's genuine and it's true then the price is even better than I had anticipated.

I've said before that I believed we would see sub $149 players in time for Christmas, looks like it could actually happen :thumbsup:

If only the price over here were to be a straight conversion of the US or even the Can $. That will be a mouth watering £75-80!

I remember saying we could get £149 players by Christmas 2008 and the BD fanboys laughing.

UK £149 players for this Christmas now look a real possibility - and that's not scouring the internet prices, that's over-the-counter at COMET & ASDA prices (slaps arse pocket).

Steve W

I always add 40-45% on a US price to get a good UK one. This probably puts them in the £110 - £125 category.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom