1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ventilation with built in Panasonic screen

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by candg, Aug 5, 2005.

1. candg

candg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have almost finished building a stud wall to build in my series 5 42" Panasonic screen for flush mounting.

I have constructed a false wall out of 3*2 timber and plasterboard which as now been plastered. Before I finalise the whole thing I was just wondering whether to include some sort of ventilation into the structure as the screen is at present completely enclosed in the false wall. The false wall is about 5" deep. I just wondered what the feeling is on this especially as there are also central heating pipes (well insulated) enclosed behind the wall. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have enclosed some pics of the nearly finished project.

Graham

Attached Files:

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    I'd definitely put some slots top and bottom of the wall. :smashin:

3. gnikolaidis

gnikolaidis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a very good idea. These units output around 350W of heat mostly from the back panel side of the screen. If this heat builds up over time inside an enclosed space soon you will be frying eggs over it (not to mention the internal electronics). So in my opinion ventilation is a must, most preferably a forced air circulation system like the one used inside pc cases.