Ventilation in sealed room

Bippu

Hi, looking for some advice on a ventilation system.
I have A small dedicated building. With Ac in the room for heating and cooling. However I realised that there was no fresh air ventilation. I built a couple of baffle boxes with the idea being to have a fan in each for intake and output.
However have a couple of things to work out.
Going to need filtration from outside don’t want to be pumping pollen and neighbours bonfire smoke into my building and also trying to maintain the sound control. I’m Also thinking perhaps need a heat exchanger so that I don’t loose all the heated air in the room. Units seem quite expensive and also have to deal with the condensation drain.
Has anyone any experience of resolving this ?

ufo550

Distinguished Member
I’m adding ventilation to my build using ducting and a heat recover ventilator. Not sure what the impact sound wise will be, but I have to please my BI, and I also wanted decent air changes. I went for a relatively cheap vent axia model, but there are some more better more expensive types.

You can also get a single room device, but I think that might be even noisier.

Bought from this company and I was toying with this product

Bippu

Nice all in one product for ventilation but it looks like it would create a direct pipe from inside to outside undoing all the soundproofing.
Won’t all the sound outside come in or the inside leak out ?
I guess it functions in either extract or input mode and switches depending on humidity or co2 level.
if they did a studio model it would be ideal

Harkon321

What's the dedicated room like? Is it an outbuilding? Is there anyway of creating a porch or entrance with a second door? Circulate air from one to the other and not from outside?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Open the door for a few minutes. I've had my room/building for 4 years and never had any issues.

Bippu

What's the dedicated room like? Is it an outbuilding? Is there anyway of creating a porch or entrance with a second door? Circulate air from one to the other and not from outside?
It’s a single skin outbuilding so ventilation is really needed. No porch. I have an AC for heating and cooling.

mb3195

Distinguished Member

Harkon321

Wooden structure

94298F7C-4B9E-40C1-9EC1-D118A85C76EE.jpeg

mb3195

Distinguished Member
If you have HVAC/Air con you shouldn't need any venting as the HVAC will do it for you.
It doesn’t though, it just re-circulates the existing air.

mazon27091

Okay then you could just open the door for 5 to 10 minutes to refresh the room on a regular basis. The aircon can then recirculate the hot or cold air as needed.

ufo550

Distinguished Member
Not sure what OP structure is, but proper ventilation is key to any building structure, just opening a door for a few minutes, might not work with all buildings. That’s why Building Regs have a document dedicated to this subject.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom