Question Ventilation for OLED tv in recessed wall

ThyJones

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I am buying an 65" OLED65B9PLA.

I am going to put this into a recessed fake wall.

I have noticed on the installation manual it states 10cm from each edge of the wall for ventillation. I have seen numerous installation photos on here, google, puntrest etc that seem to have minimal gaps either side, so is 10cm too much? That is quite a big gap around the whole of the TV, but i know very little about OLEDs and even less about ventilation.

Thanks

I may have put this in the wrong part of the forum sorry but i cannot move it or delete it.

Good Evening All,

I am buying an 65" OLED65B9PLA.

I am going to put this into a recessed fake wall.

I have noticed on the installation manual it states 10cm from each edge of the wall for ventillation. I have seen numerous installation photos on here, google, puntrest etc that seem to have minimal gaps either side, so is 10cm too much? That is quite a big gap around the whole of the TV, but i know very little about OLEDs and even less about ventilation.

Thanks
As long as there’s enough room for a decent air flow around and behind the tv, it should be fine. The vents are on the back, pointing up, so as long as they aren’t blocked or close to anything producing or reflecting heat, jobs a good’un

Get some pictures up if you do, are you going for the wallpaper look?

Something I was going to do but the way my walls will work out and no longer be a stud I think I will go a different route, put pics up when you install.

I have around 2 or 3cm around my Sony Oled it seems to stay cool around and behind the screen . Sony also recommend 10cm . Originally had a 60inch LCD in there .

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 1,603
Just add vents where the TV vents are if youre concerned. For example if the TV has vents at the top and bottom, add the same above and below the TV. You can find them in lots of finishes, so you could go contrasting (stainless steel for example) or High gloss to match the TV finish.

Alternatively, looking at LGSAM picture, if you did something similar and its a stud wall you could add some vent channels to the shelfs.

So run some pipes from the top of the bottom shelf, running up into the TV cutout. And some from the top of the TV cutout to the bottom of the top shelf. Then cover with a slatted vent cover so nothing falls in. You wouldn't see them unless you stood close and looked down on the top shelf.

That would allow cool air to come in at the bottom and hot air to travel up and out of the top shelf.

If you went that route you could also leave a spare HDMI/USB cable attached to spare ports and running down the vent tube. In case you wanted to quickly attach a source.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom