Ventilation concerns

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Antpink, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    All - can someone advise me what the ventilation requirements of a typical plasma should be (also asking same question about LCDs on that forum)? I am considering mounting inside a cabinet which has limited rear ventilation, so all hot air will be collected behind the screen and vented over the top though a gap only 12" or so tall - will this be a short trip to an expensive thermal related failure??

Thanks in advance

2. g852

g852

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'd be concerned, all four sides need clear ventilation. It normally states it in the manual. If it does have to be the way you suggest, then you'd need extra ventilation with small fans for example, to keep the air circulating.

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Thanks for the reply - have just been at a conference in a hotel and they have a few plasma TV's in cabinets with very little room for ventilation, dotted around the lobby lounge, showing sports all day and most of the night. Stick my hand in behind the display, and yes it feels very hot in there, but as far as I can tell, no problems on the display itself, and these are not new, but are year old Samsungs. Perhaps it might be OK, but still a little worried.
    Thanks again