Ventilation clearance between JVC 750 & ceiling?

mr.m

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents

I notice that the manual states 15cm/6" clearance above the HD750 for ventilation. Is anyone running with less than this? I have limited headroom where the PJ is to be mounted, and had planned to install a suspended shelf/platform for the PJ (so it would be sited upright on it's own feet rather than inverted). I had been planning a clearance of ~3" above the PJ, but will I run into trouble with less than the recommended distance? The machine would have open ventilation on all sides.

Comments welcome!

George

Hi Gents

I notice that the manual states 15cm/6" clearance above the HD750 for ventilation. Is anyone running with less than this? I have limited headroom where the PJ is to be mounted, and had planned to install a suspended shelf/platform for the PJ (so it would be sited upright on it's own feet rather than inverted). I had been planning a clearance of ~3" above the PJ, but will I run into trouble with less than the recommended distance? The machine would have open ventilation on all sides.

Comments welcome!

George

Hi George

TBH i think it would be ok . However, i understand your concern. Can you not bring the shelf down a few inches instead to give you the required headroom?

My mate has a 350 on a shelf as well. If i remember, there are no ventilation ducts on top are there? I think that the hot air comes out from the front of the pj:confused:

If you bring the shelf down a little, you can use the lens shift to raise/lower the image to the screen position i think.

Sorry to contradict Apone. But I believe most of the hot air comes out of the LHS as you face the front of the PJ. I remember this as I've sat on that side of one during a demo!

Maybe i should have been more clear:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom