Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
My 27 yr old son really enjoyed this at the cinema. Personally I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever had to sit through.

I thought the first was surprisingly ok.

Was amusing in parts with some decent action.

This was a snoozefest.

Far worse than the first one

I read that some families had their Christmas dinner ruined by a stinking turkey, this is the other type of stinking turkey.

The editing on this threw me for six. The film was just so incoherent. Jumping from here to there without any flow.

Vemon was OK, this is dire. Was Woody Harlesons hair piece supposed to be that bad 🙄

The first one was decent and was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as it was the start of a new franchise but my god this film was horrendous.

This was absolutely dire. First one was ok but this was brutal.

Vemon was OK, this is dire. Was Woody Harlesons hair piece supposed to be that bad 🙄

I heard that Woody's hair piece was the main horror element of the film and scarier than Carnage.

For this reason alone I think Mark has underscored it by 2 points.

I think both the Venom films are awful, This one is worse, 6 is very generous, I would say it was a 3 at the most. Not sure what the 3 is for though 😂

Sometimes it amazes me how a film like this could be approved to be released in the cinema, especially with such bad editing.

I think 6 is generous for this mess of a movie. I was not a massive fan of the first movie either, but the plot what there was of it was better than the story in this sequel. The plot is really basic even for a superhero movie, and slowly drags its way to the inevitable CGI clash which was pretty unimpressive. I did smile at a couple of the exchanges between Venom, and Brock, but the movie even though it is only 90mins felt much longer. Spiderman NWH was actually much longer, but felt so much shorter,

I enjoyed the first one for what it was. This however is abysmal.

Me my wife and my two kids loved the first one, thought it was very funny and my son nailed his venom voice quoting lines.

I haven't seen any good comments on this, managed to avoid shelling out money at rhe cinema and will watch, but only when it's avaliable for free.

Reading the comments, I look forward to watching it having spent £25 on it yesterday. 😂

I would struggle to give this more than 2/10, it’s not a patch on the first one so if you didn’t like that, you aren’t going to have fun with this.

Not as good as the first but I enjoyed it more than recent Marvel offerings like Ten Rings and Eternals. Venom just matches my bad sense of humour I guess. It doesnt go on for hours like most modern movies also.

Reading the comments, I look forward to watching it having spent £25 on it yesterday. 😂
Well me and my wife actually really enjoyed this at the cinema, more than the first one - it’s actually a short film for once, it’s daft and rattles along at a very quick pace. It’s almost like a gothic rom/com break/up movie rather than a superhero one. First 10 mins we weren’t sure but loved it…. Far far more than the new ghostbusters abomination.

Disclaimer: I love mindless daft popcorn films (sometimes even when they dont contain a Vin Diesel)

I like both Venom films too. They are silly, they know they are silly and they try to have a bit of fun doing it.
Breath of fresh air compared to most other films in the genre, which often fall flat trying to blend action and comedy with seriousness.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom