• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

venom 3d or 4k ?? - or Blu-ray ?

wawr

very much looking forward to the release of Venom tomorrow [4th Feb]
my question is - does anyone know if it will be available from the supermarket's here in the UK in 3d or even 4k ??
Reason for asking is as many is by now aware stores like Tesco Asda, sainsburys are now not stocking much in the way of dvd !
Even last week with the release of the house with clocks in its walls I couldn't get the 4k version anywhere I had to get my copy from e-bay !!

I had it pre- ordered from HMV [ steel book ]and we all know what's happened there !

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
my question is - does anyone know if it will be available from the supermarket's here in the UK in 3d or even 4k ??
Reason for asking is as many is by now aware stores like Tesco Asda, sainsburys are now not stocking much in the way of dvd !
Even last week with the release of the house with clocks in its walls I couldn't get the 4k version anywhere I had to get my copy from e-bay !!

I had it pre- ordered from HMV [ steel book ]and we all know what's happened there !
My local Tesco, asda and Morrison's have 4k discs on their shelves, Tesco even has 2 for £30 on 4k deals and they also have had all the new 4k releases on release day for the past few months. I picked up the 4k version of The Predator last week, from Tesco. Hope this helps.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Having watched this in 4K DV, I wasn't impressed by the overall PQ as it was a touch too soft looking for my tastes

The DV doesn't add much here unlike many other UHD where it made a difference

Vila

The 3D version isn't being sold in the UK in any form.

I received the Steelbook from Amazon Spain yesterday ; I believe it's also available in Germany, Italy, India and from some of the high end Chinese steelbook companies.

I certainly found the 3D enjoyable

wawr

I received the Steelbook from Amazon Spain yesterday ; I believe it's also available in Germany, Italy, India and from some of the high end Chinese steelbook companies.

thank you for your reply ,Gutted this won't be available in 3d here , but im not very surprised.
I will head straight to my local supermarket tomorrow to see if i can pick it up there , if not then its back on the net & I will endeavour to source it where you have suggested .
thank you again for your reply

wawr

My local Tesco, asda and Morrison's have 4k discs on their shelves, Tesco even has 2 for £30 on 4k deals and they also have had all the new 4k releases on release day for the past few months. I picked up the 4k version of The Predator last week, from Tesco. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply ,I too had the predator last week [4k] , TBH I wasn't going to bother with this dvd, but as it was there I decided to go for it.
You are lucky to have such variety in your stores, here in south wales 4k titles and especially 3d films are a very rare find !

Garrett

Darn I would have got the steelbook if it had and was waiting for a different company to bring it out at an other date.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom