1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

velodyne vx10

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by krusty, Jul 1, 2004.

1. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have been using vx10 with denon 1802. have now gotten shot of the 1802 and gotton a yamaha a2....will the the quality of sound etc from the sub be any different? i always thought the 1802 struggled a bit

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Don't think you'll notice much of a difference. I went from a Yamaha A2 to a Denon 3802 and say the bass (I'm using twin servos) is slightly better on the Denon but then it's 2 models above the 1802 and the new price was similar to the A2. The possible advantage of the Denon is that it is slightly newer so the processor may be better (it has prlogic 2 which the Yamaha lacks).

I think more of a difference from the rest of the speakers. The A2 offers a lot more power than an 1802 regardless of how the 2 compare on paper and that will improve things if you have a big room, hard to drive speakers or want very high levels.

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i do have a large room...very large. the listening level i used for the 1802 was -20, the listening level im using with the a2 is -30, the bass on the a2 is more controled than on the 1802.....although the a2 costs 4 times as much.