1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

velodyne VX 10

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by hamtaro, Apr 24, 2003.

1. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok then plenty of people are buying this[me included] so whats the verdict?and does anyone have any photo,s of the front and back?:hiya:

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi Ham this is my first sub so i have nothing to compare with.I have had it a few weeks and am very impressed with both music and film.I set my front speakers back to large the other day and turned the sub off, wow what a difference it sounded like all the bass had been nicked ,i quickly put the sub back on.If you do a search for vx10 and you will find some pics and a review.

3. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    here's a picture of it from the front/side...

Attached Files:

4. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    and the rear...

Attached Files:

5. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bob 1... im using mission 773e,s [ 2 pairs] and 771 centre, when i get the vx 10 do i set my speakers at small or large?[ my amp is denon 1802...please don,t laugh ,it was all i could afford at the time]

6. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Delivery of the vel vx-10 was my first sub also. For AV purposes, ie DVD play via AVamp, I've set all speakers to small and chosen 100Hz as the crossover, both on the AVamp and the sub.

As you can see below, I have the Denon 2802. I need to use the onscreen set-up to make the changes to the speaker size and crossover. Not sure how you do it on the 1802.

[I did have a 1602 which I was happy with for AV purposes, so don't apologise for tbe 1802, which which would have been good enough for me as an entry AVamp as it has the pre-outs I now use to make use of my main 'HiFi/music' speakers, via a separate stereo amp.]

I've used the Avia disc for a check of the set-up, altho not yet with a SoundPressureLevel (SPL), and the crossover seems set nicely - it certainly does its stuff with dvd play, the low frequency being seemingly present in whatever speaker direction that is appropriate for the action - I think the trick is not to set the sub volume too high. There are others more knowledgeable on this, not least Uncle Eric.

Hope this helps

ditton