Velodyne spl-8 replacement

itcosthowmuch

I recently sent my Velodyne spl-8 away to be serviced due to it making some rather unwanted sounds and 5 weeks later it has returned, though is far from great…..in fact it’s stopped making any sound at all! I intend to give Velodyne (or rather their UK importer) a call tomorrow and say that I’m kind of thinking my £120 was not well spent, but given what their service engineer was tellng me it seems that I have to accept it has come to its life end.

So great forum people I seek your advice on possible replacements.

Looking for something that will go with 7 point surround Anthony Gallo speakers (3 x A’diva; 4 x nucleus) budget is around £650 and use is fairly split between films and music, in a room that is 5m x 4m and has a wooden floor.

I quite like the look of SVS SB-1000 Pro. I’d be most grateful for your thoughts and opinions.

itcosthowmuch

Thanks for that, I’ll bear it in mind if I end up having to buy a new sub (Velodyne are going to have another go at getting it going, but as they are relying on parts from old units due to new ones not being available I’m not holding out much hope).

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom