• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Velodyne SPL-1200

banyantree

I have my Velodyne sub connected to my Pioneer VSX-LX 70 amplifier via LFE In and OUT. The sub sounds incredible when watching movies however i dont appear to hear anything from it when i playback music.
Is this something to do with my amp settings or do i need to also connect with the stereo line inputs on my amp?

Appreciate any assistance on this.

banyantree

thanks for the help. do you know specifically what it is i should be changing on the amp?

cribeiro

Sorry, I do not have the time to read the manual myself, but usually you need to use normal stereo for the reproduction, and not modes like "pure stereo", "pure direct", "direct mode", etc., since these bypass the crossover and thus do not send any signal to your sub.

Maybe somebody with a similar AVR can be more precise.

Regards,

Alberto

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom