Velodyne DPS-12

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Iceman12, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Iceman12

Iceman12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a DPS-12 subwoofer for about 2 weeks and I love it.I had a DPS-10 for 3 weeks then exchanged it for the 12.The 10 was good but I have a good size room so the 12 was a better choice.It sounds good with both music and dvd movies.I watch alot of movies so I purchased the sub for this reason.It looks good also so you can have it sit out with your other speakers.The 4 preset settings are a nice touch.You can set them for Movies,R&B-Rock,Jazz-Classical and Games.Each setting has it's own sound.I also have HDTV and when a show is broadcast in 5.1 the subwoofer is very active sending the bass.I would give this subwoofer a try!!

Robbie

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    The DSP subs from Velodyne are not available here in the UK. AFAIK the equivelent subs are the CHT-R range and have been well reviewed by a few people I know that have bought one.
    I think the DSP & CHT-R subs are the same, just different names for different markets. The rest of the Velo subs are the same both sides of the pond, ie SPL & DD.

Mark.

3. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

Yep, they are the same sub but the CHT-R range come with a remote control where as the DPS range has the same buttons but on a touch key pas on the leading top edge of the sub.