1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

velodyne cht-10

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by paul1672, Aug 20, 2003.

1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    hi there.
    i'm considering upgrading my subwoofer and was wondering if the velodyne cht-10 will make a significant difference to my current eltax sub?
    many thanks in advance
    paul1672

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm afraid that your Eltax subwoofer does not have a particularly good reputation and any reasonable subwoofer should make a significant improvement to your system.

As well as the CHT-10 also have a look at the BK XLS 200 sub from here which uses a 200w amp plus the highly respected Peerless driver and is excellent value at £279

BK Electronics may not be a well known name but they actually manufacture subs for many of the well known speaker companies and used to manufacture the Q100 on behalf of REL

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Short answer - yes, you will notice a huge improvement.

I have used a CHT-10 and found it to be superb. At the power buy price of £325 you will be astounded. I notice you've ordered one, you won't be disappointed :smashin:

4. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    many thanks for the replies.
    gradually trying to update my home cinema experience and with you guys helping me out it just gets better every time.
    cheers
    :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

5. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    am expecting delivery of my velodyne cht-10 the w/end and am wondering if someone out there can spare me some advice on getting the best out of it with the current speakers set up i have.
    many thanks
    paul1672

6. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul, like you I have the Pioneer 2011 which is a dream because it does the hard slog of setting up your speakers and sub for you.

When the CHT-10 arrives, all you need do is connect it to your amp. You need to then switch the CHT-10 to 'direct' mode on it's cross over switch (which then uses the amp's crossover), click the phase switch to '0', the crossover frequency control to maximum and the volume control to around number 4.

Then run the MCACC auto set-up routine.

Once it's complete, I switch the speakers to the THX settings which will send all the <80Hz frequencies to the CHT-10. You can also then play around with the phase control to see which setting you prefer.

That method will ensure you're getting about as close to the full potential of all your kit, tweaked to your room conditions, as possible.

7. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    superb
    nothing like having stuff and not using it to it's full potential.
    many many thanks