1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Velodyne CHT 10 Vs. Mordaunt 309w

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nUMb, Feb 28, 2005.

1. nUMb

nUMb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a big difference between this two subs? Any help appreciated :)

Thanks!

(Maybe one of this will sound better with yamaha AX2?)

2. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

I have no idea if this is relevent anymore and you have already chosen, but my brother has the MS309 and is excellant. My parents blew their sub two months ago and as my brother is still living at home!!! sad git. I stole it from his room for a couple of weeks until I could sort something out for my parents. Luckily we were doing the CHT deal and so took a CHT10 over and hooked that up.

No comparison, the CHT goes louder, lower and as accurate as the MS, and this was out of the box. I got a text from my step father over the W/E saying it seemed to go lower than the last time he heard it which was a month ago as he has been away, I explained that my two brothers must have been giving some GO and now is probably run in!!!

My brother has said that his MS309 can sound a bit boomy now he is in another room, it sounded superb in the first room he was in but now he's a little annoyed and is trying different positioning!!!

regards