Vegetarians - last of a dying breed ??

My Uncle works on a beef cattle farm (they raise the calves) and the welfare is paramount.

The cattle are very well looked after.

Cornish beef is lovely, sitting by the water at Helford Passage eating a Cornish steak - lovely

Part of breeding being a diet that improves the quality of the meat
Diet has nothing to do with breeding programmes. Diet can be used to improve meat quality, but not change an animals structure! :D

On some farms you are correct. I've seen many like the type I describe. I live in the sticks.
The majority of livestock farmers have been censured by my old employers, at some point in time, for poor or even abusive husbandry, and a few (far too many) for being involved in selling animals known to be sick (due to abuse) to abbatoirs on the sly. Hence, as I said elsewhere, its worth asking your butcher exactly where he gets his meat. A good butcher will have no hesitation in telling you.

My Uncle works on a beef cattle farm (they raise the calves) and the welfare is paramount.
Not all farmers are bad news, and some are actively good news. Sadly, from working with them for years the bad ones outnumbered the good - and not just in livestock holdings.

There is a map at MAFF showing just how much land UK farmers have polluted beyond use with nitrates/chemicals. It's shocking to see just how much is on it. We (the tax payer) are then expected to prop them up for their stupidity.

Your uncle is obviously one of the good guys. All power to him, wish there were more.

I have absolutely no problem with all you meat eaters....After all your just unelightened.
Sad, very sad. :rolleyes:

Well, thats the 'Martucci case' blown clear out of the water. PETA are notorious extremists and disliked by the majority of people who genuinely care about animals - not just about pushing a politicaly based extreme.

Sorry, but attacking and harrasing people who are involved in animal experimentation etc, is taking it way too far. I don't think somehow, hurting people to stop something else being hurt, is the right way to go about proving a point............

John Martucci said:
Chew on this

Why, is it a prime fillet steak, nicely pink in the middle? :D :hiya:

John Martucci said:
If you practice what you believe in, there is no need to preach what you practice. The intelligent ones will discover and learn from you no matter how quiet you are.

Vegan and proud.

literal proof that a Vegan diet causes the body to be come deficient in absorbing irony.

Hmm- my other half is basically Vegan (eats yoghurt) and seems healthy enough- fitter than I am certainly. Importantly however, her decision was made on the basis of health rather than ethics basis.

This is just as well as I could never trust someone who wears plastic shoes.

Tons of fun said:
her decision was made on the basis of health rather than ethics basis.

well, if shes going to keep putting her health infront of me , you can tell her IT'S OVER!!!

John Martucci said:
If you practice what you believe in, there is no need to preach what you practice.

Errrr.... So why are you preaching here?

Admit it, you've been scoffing bacon sarnies haven't you? ;)

Importantly however, her decision was made on the basis of health rather than ethics basis.
Why is that important tons? She has the right to make her decision based on whatever she likes. Surely? Ethics (no, not you EG! ) can play a part in many decisions - like not using certain banks who fund dictators. Yet other people could condemn that as daft.

It's your choice however, and as long as you don't get preachy (hi JM ;) ), your business. :)

overkill said:
Why is that important tons? She has the right to make her decision based on whatever she likes. Surely? Ethics (no, not you EG! ) can play a part in many decisions - like not using certain banks who fund dictators. Yet other people could condemn that as daft.

Important because it means I'm still with her. I have never met anyone who changed for ethical reasons who could resist having a pop at a meat eater. Hence five years of co-habiting down the line, we're happy eating our different stuff. So important in a relationship sense for me :).

I have never met anyone who changed for ethical reasons who could resist having a pop at a meat eater
You've obviously been mixing with the wrong crowd. ;) I didn't even realise that three of my friends were vegetarians until I reached that "dinner party" age (30+). :) All of whom did so for ethical reasons.

So important in a relationship sense for me
Fair enough. :D

overkill said:
You've obviously been mixing with the wrong crowd. ;) I didn't even realise that three of my friends were vegetarians until I reached that "dinner party" age (30+). :) All of whom did so for ethical reasons.

Fair enough. :D

Being your freinds they probably know you well enough ...... and therefore thought better of starting world war III ;)

Mine definately know better with me :rotfl:

Being your freinds they probably know you well enough ...... and therefore thought better of starting world war III
Since my wife's a vegetarian I doubt they'd be too worried about it.......... ;)

Mine definately know better with me
:D

My friends don't worry about discussing anything with me, apart from:-

A) Politics (surprise!)
B) History

And maybe just a few other 'hot' topics............. :rotfl:

Damn you all. Just been to the shop, now have a "mighty need" for a bacon and black pudding sandwich, neither of which I bought! ;)

seany said:
How did a veggie thread get to 8 pages:eek:

Takes rose tinted glasses off

:rotfl: 'cause I've not been paying attention

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom