Vegetarians - last of a dying breed ??

If we're not supposed to eat them why are animals made out of meat? :lesson:

OK, so making a thread into fight comment was a little harsh but it was funny you didn't get Overkills post and jumped on the defensive. There again, looking at other posts of yours it's one of your traits to rub people up the wrong way so maybe it was meant.

Ethics Gradient said:
oh go away
Ooooooo handbags ;)

Anyway, getting back to the topic, a friends partner was vegetarian for 9 years and on a p!ssed up night she decided she wanted some form of meat. So she went into the nearest Maccies and ordered a Big Mac. Finished that off and ordered another one.

With the lack of meat in those burgers anyway you could say she was still a veggie !

With the lack of meat in those burgers anyway you could say she was still a veggie
Meat in McD's? :confused: I thought it was 60% gristle with the rest made up with and sawdust and onion! As for the baps............ anyone for cardboard? :D

richjthorpe said:
There again, looking at other posts of yours it's one of your traits to rub people up the wrong way so maybe it was meant.

and looking at your last couple of posts its seems one of your traits is being self-righteously smug whislt seemingly being complete unware of the concept of hypocrisy.

"people that call others names are childish ... and they smell of wee"

overkill said:
Meat in McD's? :confused: I thought it was 60% gristle with the rest made up with and sawdust and onion! As for the baps............ anyone for cardboard? :D

I couldn't help myself this morning and was forced to eat 2 sausage and egg muffins and 4 hash browns ......

I rather enjoy Overkills and EG's little spats, perversely enough they both contribute wonderfully to provide balanced arguments. :)

Keep it up lads, you're slowly on your way to becoming infamous!!

I couldn't help myself this morning and was forced to eat 2 sausage and egg muffins and 4 hash browns
:eek: Yeuch! Last time I had that lot was working OT on a Sunday - 8 years ago! :D And then only because there was nothing else for miles........... I regreted it even then! *burp* ;)

you're slowly on your way to becoming infamous!
Less of the 'slowly'.................. ;)

I have to stop reading this thread - its making me very hungry and sandwich man has arrived. Sausage, bacon and egg for me.

overkill said:
Less of the 'slowly'.................. ;)

leave him alone or I'll beat you up after class ;)

Oooh two men fighting over me? What a day this is turning out to be? (Got me sarnie............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Ethics Gradient said:
and looking at your last couple of posts its seems one of your traits is being self-righteously smug

Damn right. :D

Ethics Gradient said:
whislt seemingly being complete unware of the concept of hypocrisy.

Matter of fact statements. I didn't go out to pick a fight, I simply aired my comment about your traits in previous threads.

Ethics Gradient said:
"people that call others names are childish ... and they smell of wee"

Mr Poopy Pants.

Mod comment get back on topic and stop bickering. :lesson:

Sunday's
Start off with Bacon, sausage, kidneys, fried eggs and bacon
Roast pork for lunch
Ham sarnies for tea

The only soya in that lot will be the sausages with a bit of luck, nasty dangerous stuff, is soya.

pjclark1, you want to see the news items about the dangers of bowel cancer when eating a lot of red meat.
Ignore the moderators' comments to stop bickering again and you'll get a timeout.

Garrett said:
Mod comment get back on topic and stop bickering. :lesson:

OK

leave him alone or I'll beat you up after class
Haw! You wish........:D

Sorry mods........

you want to see the news items about the dangers of bowel cancer when eating a lot of red meat.
Good point Stuart. One of the main reasons people went vegetarian en masse was because of BSE, and the poor H&S conditions in abbatoirs that was revealed during the crisis. The former may have been dealt with, the latter by no means has.

Simple really, (not 100% proven) risk of no more kids from soya, or food poisoning. As I already have three kids, and been in hospital with food poisoning (from chicken) I know which risk i'm going with! :D

overkill said:
Haw! You wish........:D

Sorry mods........

Good point Stuart. One of the main reasons people went vegetarian en masse was because of BSE, and the poor H&S conditions in abbatoirs that was revealed during the crisis. The former may have been dealt with, the latter by no means has.

Simple really, (not 100% proven) risk of no more kids from soya, or food poisoning. As I already have three kids, and been in hospital with food poisoning (from chicken) I know which risk i'm going with! :D

problems is, that you can get food poisioning from vegetables, grains and cereals , rice etc .... tends to be a reduced risk but its still a risk.

I'm wondering though... why don't they drink cow milk ? It's not an animal, no animal died from it's production.

If it's a question of it being produced by a cow, then I'd like to know if vegetarians breast feed their babies (which has been proven to help babies in their first months against diseases etc.) as this is no different to having cow milk (in concept, not composition). We humans are made of meat after all...

problems is, that you can get food poisioning from vegetables, grains and cereals , rice etc .... tends to be a reduced risk but its still a risk.
Agreed. But the risk is far less, and really it's down to you as to how carefully you check the food before buying, and how you store the food before eating. With off meat you have no idea - until it's too late. Even a semi-skilled butcher can dress 'condemned' meat so well that you would never know.

then I'd like to know if vegetarians breast feed their babies (which has been proven to help babies in their first months against diseases etc.) as this is no different to having cow milk (in concept, not composition).
Vegetarians, sorry, vegans don't use cows milk due to it being an unnatural process. That milk (they would argue) is meant for calves - not for being sucked into huge machines for our benefit. The calves of course having been slaughtered........

Soya milk is mainly used by parents with asthmatic children. It's used in the control of asthma that's aggravated by dairy products.

Vegans are only a tiny minority of the vegetarian population.

overkill said:
Agreed. But the risk is far less, and really it's down to you as to how carefully you check the food before buying, and how you store the food before eating. With off meat you have no idea - until it's too late. Even a semi-skilled butcher can dress 'condemned' meat so well that you would never know.

yep - its about 5% of all food poisioning cases - I just wanted to make sure people were aware ( ie others reading the thread ) that stopping eating meat will not magically make you immune to food poisioning ..... careful hygene and common sense is still required.

overkill said:
Soya milk is mainly used by parents with asthmatic children. It's used in the control of asthma that's aggravated by dairy products.

Vegans are only a tiny minority of the vegetarian population.

Ok so vegetarians actually do drink cow milk ? (sorry I have no clue, never met one)

overkill said:
Vegetarians, sorry, vegans don't use cows milk due to it being an unnatural process. That milk (they would argue) is meant for calves - not for being sucked into huge machines for our benefit. The calves of course having been slaughtered........

Well that's a funny one :) Are plants/veggies meant to be cut and boiled ? :rolleyes:
Although I respect people's believes, I think we are actually meant to eat meat simply because we need the proteins and stuff we can get from it. Saying that we shouldn't eat meat because it's against nature while stuffing themselves with vitamins and complements is a bit contradictive.

Jenn said:
Ok so vegetarians actually do drink cow milk ? (sorry I have no clue, never met one)

Well that's a funny one :) Are plants/veggies meant to be cut and boiled ? :rolleyes:
Although I respect people's believes, I think we are actually meant to eat meat simply because we need the proteins and stuff we can get from it. Saying that we shouldn't eat meat because it's against nature while stuffing themselves with vitamins and complements is a bit contradictive.

Well put, agree completely. I like eating meat, although I'd prefer it if the animals came to less harm along the way, but as hunting wild sheep is against the law the only way to satisfy my lust is the local butcher.

Ok so vegetarians actually do drink cow milk
Yes.
Are plants/veggies meant to be cut and boiled
Why be pedantic? Animals are a higher form of life, as is man. I don't see anyone (God forbid) advocating cannibalism, which, if 'meat is meat' is surely not off the menu?

I think we are actually meant to eat meat simply because we need the proteins and stuff we can get from it
Actually we can get all the protein we need elsewhere. Primative Man ate meat because it was easier to get protein that way. We aren't 'meant' to eat anything.

Saying that we shouldn't eat meat because it's against nature while stuffing themselves with vitamins and complements is a bit contradictive.
Where did you get that? The average Vegetarian says nothing of the sort? :confused:

Is this yet another case of 'what I don't understand I slag off'? ;)

although I'd prefer it if the animals came to less harm along the way,
Illogical. Either an animal is killed or it isn't. I am a meat eater, and as such I accept that an animal will be harmed as a result of my wanting to eat it. If you mean 'humane husbandry', then finding a 'humane farmer' is about as easy as finding a sensible politican. A 100-1 shot.

As a result of my wanting to eat it, an animal will be kept in crap conditions, be pumped full of drugs, and finally shot thru the head with a steel bolt or have it's neck wrung - that's why most people go vegetarian.

Me, I'm too weak frankly, as I can't face giving up my chicken tikka madras.........

overkill said:
Actually we can get all the protein we need elsewhere. Primative Man ate meat because it was easier to get protein that way. We aren't 'meant' to eat anything.

alot of it has to do with environment, time of year in classic sense .... now virtually everything is redily available we can pick and choose.

It is not always possible to access high proteins from vegetable / fruit / tuba etc sources in certain environments and certain times of year..... unless you have access to modern agriculture and trade.

we are natural onmivores although 'some' vegetarians tend to try and argue we are not .... which is where they look like 'nutters'. If they stick to the arguement that in the current world climate, with ready access to all the different alternatives, a non meat diet 'can' be more benifical.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom