1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas users

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by toong, Jan 20, 2005.

1. toong

toong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone ever use vegas for editing?
    does anyone know where i can found sample that make in vegas editing tools? thanks before for u'r help....

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I use Vegas but I don't understand the second part of your question.

If you are looking for some simple samples of things you can do with it then try looking at www.vasst.com for some .veg files or tutorials.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I too use Vegas and find it easy to use but powerful.

You're best bet would be to download the trial version here:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step2.asp?DID=501

You can then play around with it and see if you like it.

** EDIT ** You can also download sample projects from this location, which might be what you were asking for.

4. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I use Vegas 5 + DVD Architect. A superb editing software. Much better than Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro. Even edits HDV footage and can make a 2.0 signal into 5.1 signal.

5. toong

toong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i use sony hd camcorder f1 how can i use the tape which record in hd format ini vegas to change it into dv. because if i still use the hd format the picture of the film become unusual.the picure become wide so it become bad. i know i can use the dv format when i get shooting but i want to have good quality in my video. and think the hd format more good than dv.

6. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Are you talking about using the new Sony HDR-FX1 camera with Vegas ?

You have several choices & the way you should go depends on what output you want to produce.

You can let the camera record in SD DV & capture that to Vegas. Apparently it does well at recording SD DV.

You can let the camera capture as HD, then let camera down convert your HDV footage as it captures. This will mean that your archived taped footage remains HD, while SD DV is captured.

OR

If you want to convert your HD (MPEG-2) tape to HD (AVI) for editing then you will need to get the "Connect HD" plug in.
    The plug in will let you either convert HDV files on the hard drive, capture & convert drirectly to it & supports capture back to camera.

You can get a fully functioning 15 day trial of "Connect HD" here.
    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/products/showproduct.asp?PID=959
    If you purchase they will send you a licence key to unlock the trial version to full version.

7. toong

toong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is that true if we use HD system in recording, the movie that we make in that system just can watch in HDTV?

8. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just because you record (or even edit) in HD doesn't mean that you have to output HD material. As I've said you can convert to SD. What you work with depends on what your intentions are.

The big question is what medium are you going to use to display your video. DVD , D-VHS etc ?

DVD isn't designed for HD

HD cameras are ahead of distribution media at this time, at least until HD-DVD & Blu-ray become mainstream.